New AI mode proposition

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by SpeedF7, Jun 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SpeedF7

SpeedF7
    Expand Collapse

Will it be possible (or maybe is now but i dont know about it) to make a car repeat recorded moves? For example the car will drive forwrd for 5 seconds and then turn 15 degres then stop. After reseting this car it will repeat this moves so it will drive forwrd for 5 seconds and then turn 15 degres then stop. So then i can focus on the other car while this will be moving as I "programme".
    Consider that Beamng.drive stuff.

Regards
    me :).

2. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

I think that originally back in 2011 that was how this simulation was run. All cars had a script to follow rather than live input from buttons. I think it was this project at least I could be wrong, trying to find footage of it.

I would love a ghost replay mode (basically play replays when your driving but the replay car is a ghost).

#2 HighDef, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. SpeedF7

SpeedF7
    Expand Collapse

i meant that for example i can crash into car that is arleady "programmed".

4. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

I heard somewhere that the AI used to have something called setDistance. Then the devs removed it. It sounded like a smart system but it could have had its flaws.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice