New AMD cpu

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by 2000ToyotaCorolla, Dec 19, 2017.

1. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

I need a new AMD cpu that will not bottleneck a GTX 1060 6g and preferably under $200 right now i have an AMD FX 4130 and the bottlenecking is SO bad. Oh and also it should be an am3 cpu plz help i want the best one

2. BannedByAndroid

BannedByAndroid
    Expand Collapse

If you got the money then get an AM4 + Ryzen. But since you want a AM3, so a FX-8350, FX-9590 or above will do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lambo54098

Lambo54098
    Expand Collapse

hey same im getting a gtx 1060 6gb turbo and ryzen 7

4. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

ok im thinking of getting a 9590 because i have a bunch of am3 motherboards the only problem with the 9590 is how much power it uses but i dont care as long as it wont overheat so i should get a better cpu cooler
    --- Post updated ---
    i would get an am4 motherboard and a ryzen but i don't think i can afford that at the moment
    --- Post updated ---
    oh and also i need a new case for my computer really badly any suggestions mid tower under 100

5. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

8gb RAM, cheap AM4 MSI motherboard (or Gigabyte) + Ryzen 1200 or 1600 CPU whichever you can afford, can buy more core CPU or Ryzen + / Ryzen 2 later on down the line for it. Try to get a B350 motherboard if possible.
    Make sure to buy RAM that is on the manufacturer's QVL (qualified vendor list). Ram that is made from Samsung B-Die chips is good stuff for Ryzen and almost always works. Pick something off the review sites if not sure.
    If you go for bare minimum 2133mhz RAM it's not as picky just make sure it's on the QVL.
    Get a cheap used tower from a friend or Craigs-list so long as it's not broken.
    Power switches sometimes go bad on used boxes but can yank a spare out of a broken PC or old OEM box for the mean-time.
    Make sure you have a decent power supply unit with over-current and short-circut protection.
    EVGA sells cheapies that are decent quality on Amazon. The 400W unit is usually 25~30$ USD. 430W is a little better but is like 35$ because it is a better quality unit. I have no complaints about them though I prefer SEASONIC as they're the best - pricey as heck though.
    Don't bother with intel unless you're going for i3 8300/8350k or higher. Ryzen is better deal in price ranges it is in for Beamng.drive. Neither PC will bottleneck a 1060.

DO NOT WASTE A PENNY ON AM3 PLATFORM, IT IS DEAD, IT IS AN INEFFICIENT MONSTER (that will just cost you 20~25$ a month alone to run the cpu itself).
    AM3 ANYTHING WILL NOT RUN BEAMNG.DRIVE VERY WELL AND WILL NOT RUN A T-SERIES TRUCK.

My i7 4790k on full overclock at 4.4ghz all-cores with NO SPEEDSTEP (powersave) enabled, used 30$ less in power a month, than my Fx 6300 cpu @ 4.2ghz and was twice as fast as the AMD machine.

Best names in cases:
    Fractal, Lian-Li, Phanteks, Caselabs (out of price range, far out).
    Cooler master, Anidees, Antec, and Gigabyte and In-Win have cheaper stuff that is not always as good.
    The HAF is nice, if you don't mind NOISE AND DUST. They're popular with kids though. Clean your computer often, kiddies :)
    I have a 150~225$ Fractal Arc XL (no longer made), it's huuuuge, but I got it deformed 2nd hand from someone else for like 60~70$, and worked the metal back 100% by myself with metal-working skills.
    I absolutely can tell you that both the Fractal case and the Fractal fans are of impeccable quality and craftmanship. I have nothing to complain about and find that I would happily choose them first again.
    Antec cases can be a pain to work with but they're solid. Fractal is easiest as is Lian-Li. Cooler-master and In-Win somewhere in-between. I can't vouch for Anidees, or other brands.
    Apparently you can also get some decent stuff from ROSEWILL but you should look for SOMETHING with dust-filters on it.
    NZXT is also worth an honorable mention. Good stuff for the price you pay and very light. Not nearly as solid as Fractal, Phanteks or Antec/Cooler Master's heavier cases though.
    --- Post updated ---
    Forgot to mention, that with the 9590 220w cpu and the other one (like 9370 or something, it's 200w), you can't use these on just any AM3 motherboard, it must be 990FX chipset with enough power etc to go and power the CPU or you'll burn the VRM off the board (FIRE!), or it just won't boot.
    The board must specifically mention, that it supports those cpus, it will say it if it does.
    Do not bother as they are a waste of time and money. They barf tons of heat as above mentioned and do little.
    The FPU on all AM3 CPU's after Phenom II is rubbish at best, and this game relies on it heavily.
    8370E is a low-watt (90w) version of the eight-core quad-FPU CPU, almost same bin as 9590 just not factory overclocked.

AM4 (Ryzen) GOOD, napster AM3 BAD!

#5 bob.blunderton, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice