1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

New members (Rant)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adrian2013, Dec 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I'm pretty sure everyone was new once.

I think this thread should be closed. It is just trashing new members and people who don't have any experience with modding yet.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

We already have one thread about the community in general. Keeping this type of thing In one thread atleast would be smarter...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spede3

Spede3
    Expand Collapse

Im not sure if I should be talking in fear that I am part of this list. But in the (soon to be year :)) time that I have been here ive seen alot of massive changes to the forums, alot of new faces some better than others. I can see the "Downfall" that is appearing but I dont think the title "New members" really specifys who you are talking about but I have a feeling I know who. I seen some very good "New" Members come to the forums and I think that maybe the title should be changed to something different?

Not saying im the best because lets cut to the crap my screenshots look like there from 1917.Which is why I have slowed down alot in posting because it may put a negative look on the game as stated in previous replys. But in saying that I try my best to not come out looking like a bad person. If you have any problems with me, message me so I know the problem and can fix it to improve for future posting.

I remember the first time I posted a screenshot, completly ignoring the Community ScreenShots page and making a brand new thread. Thankfully somebody directed me to the designated page, While ot may not have been the most of polite way of saying it, it got the point across. And back then I thought the guy was a ass for that but now that I think about it I have to thank whoever that was. After that, all was fine and dandy untill I started posting images that were to be honest cancer in a virtual image, I used a crappy free image software. I only got one or two likes, after oh I dont know 3,4 maybe 5 months of posting this shit I eventually realised that no one wants to be scrolling through the forums and be bombarded with garbage and I and turned back to regular, unedited images. It was a long time learning but now, im always trying to improve.

Happy Holidays.

#23 Spede3, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Yes, everyone was new once, but most of us listened to other people telling us that we were being idiots. I know that looking back I've said some pretty stupid things, but I usually listened to the others when they called me out or handled it in a far better manner than I did.

This isn't to say that all new members are like that, it's just that when there are, you immediately notice them.

Also, way too many of these new members who comment nonstop are rude as hell. Having decent manners and not begging for things goes a long ways towards getting people to respect you.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the biggest thing I've noticed was a joke between me and a friend that I am an official dev, but now new members saw it and now they actually think I'm a dev and they pm me about game issues and performance stats

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Thanks to the deletion mode on your profile, some new member called my Muscle Car Pack "retarded like ur mom" on my profile, just because i didn't have this once moonhawk :p

I agree with the rude as hell part, but otherwise, to me, they are all ok.

pls don't ask me for the username, i don't remember

7. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Like those people who say 'well blah blah blahs mod is better so k rate this one star'

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Yup..

9. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

I hate em

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ¿Carbohydration?

¿Carbohydration?
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Just because people are "New" is a terrible excuse for some peoples behavior.

It doesn't excuse all the spam and crap they post.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

I'm sure you were new once, and I'm sure you were an idiot then.

But OP has a point about some of these young people. Have you seen the thread for the BeamNG movie? There's this one guy who keeps posting "Crash Ideas lol!!" or "Car suggestions!" or videos of his own, even though he was told repeatedly to stop. This isn't about being new, though, this is about being seven. It's just that all the little kids happen to be new because they're little.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Ok, this thread is starting to make me a little mad, but I can agree with a lot of posts here.

Let’s just all wrap this up: when a new member joins, they don’t read the rules, and I bet some of you didn’t either, we all make/made mistakes, let’s not judge on those, just move on. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice