New Mode: Online Competition Trials with Classes and Scoreboards

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by 1UZ-FE, Dec 7, 2017.

1. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

Just as "Time Trials" has its own section, I believe we should also have a section dedicated to online competitions - that is, time trialing around a certain circuit of a chosen map - with classes and of course, official scoreboards - all synced to the last minute. This makes you really feel the online experience, as you can see stats, times, rankings, scores, placement, how many people doing an online trial on X track, average lap time on X tack, etc etc... in real time!

To make it simple for now, I guess we could have 2 sub sections: class and no-class (sunday cup kinda thing I guess). What I would really love about this idea besides the official online scoreboards, is the ability to implement classes officially - so we can choose vehicles or parts real-time, whilst telling us whether it qualifies for the class, just like in GT - and also to rule out any tainted coding for cheating.

Scoreboards would of course contain the time, name and class/specs of the vehicle used.

Circuits can be either from already existing checkpoint-style scenarios, or can be created as their own, by creating checkpoints.

Conversely, I also thought about the same concept, but for drifting. Sideways points instead of lap times. Oh, the endless possibilities....

#1 1UZ-FE, Dec 7, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

its not a bad suggestion i just think that it would be easier to implement if it was on scenarios.

3. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

Right, but I think it still should have its own section since it's technically more than a scenario, as it requires either class or no class,score boards and so on.

I could see where once you click the scenario that's an online competition, it would bring about and load up the rest of that jazz, but I still think it makes more sense as its own, as it would seem messy and not delegated under the rest of the scenarios, when it is more than that.

4. Leef

Leef
    Expand Collapse

Maybe this is what you meant, but if not.....
    When viewing the scoreboard it could be a rightclick option to compete. Which would auto load the map and same car setup. And ideally race against a ghost car of that winning lap.
    (Can't believe we don't have ghost cars in this game yet!!!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice