1. This is an off-topic section of the forum.
    If you have an issue related to BeamNG, please post in Troubleshooting section instead.

new monitor 1440p under $500

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by 2000ToyotaCorolla, Jan 3, 2018.

1. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

im saving up for a new monitor because i saw my uncles dell ultrasharp and now i need one im looking for the best monitor for the money and it has to be 1440p 27in ips or oled and good plz help and preferably a dell ultrasharp

2. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

Just a heads up: OLED is still new technology! OLED is better suited for televisions where the image is constantly changing, whereas on a PC the same image may be shown for hours. The reason I say this is that as little as 8 hours of the same image can burn that image into the OLED, causing it to start failing/be annoying/perform poorly. I would wait on OLED for a few years before going ahead with an OLED monitor. On the other hand, I just got a 1080p 27in ASUS monitor that I think would suit you very well, despite not meeting your resolution request. In my personal opinion that 1ms response time trumps IPS, since it reduces any headache-causing situations, such as artificial motion blur caused by 5ms monitors.

ASUS VP279Q-P 1080p 1ms: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=0AY-00PU-00012

ASUS VP278H-P (Fits your reqs, but it's a little over your budget): https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466

P.S. The only thing about this monitor that grinds my gears is that there is no DVI port.
    P.S.S. Use Display-port or HDMI if you can, VGA should be a last resort due to it's lower quality.

#2 Octothorp Obelus, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  3. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

4. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

this is a dead thread but im still looking for a monitor i think im good
    though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice