Solved New sound system

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by yannis01186, May 7, 2019.

1. yannis01186

yannis01186
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone
    I would like to update my mod with the latest sound system (with separeted engine and exhaust sound)
    I examined the game files to see how it work but I don't understand. With the older sound system we just had to create a .sfxBlend2D file with the location of our sound files but now the .sfxBlend2D only has a eventName without the location of the sound files like this:
    now: Capture.png
    before: _2.png
    Can you explain me how to use this new sound system
    Thanks for your help !

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I believe that current system is kind of generated sound instead of playback from sample, it still might use samples but those might be only accessible via that event thing.

Have you tested what happens if you place samples there inside those empty brackets like with before method? It might be that it does not work and you need to change even to old one too.

3. yannis01186

yannis01186
    Expand Collapse

That's what I I thought, it may be done with Fmod studio or Something like this
    I think it should work but I havent try it yet.
    Thanks for the respond
    --- Post updated ---
    It work ! we can do the same thing with the sfxBlend2D file for the exaust and the old engine sound, all we have to do is add "soundConfigExhaust" in the engine Jbeam and create a new sfxBlend2D with the engine sound:
    _2.png Capture.png Capture_2.png

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice