new trailers

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Flippi 284, May 19, 2017.

1. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

i

Attached Files:

• Featherlite-Car-Trailer-Category-1B1.jpg
    • trailer1.jpg
    • trailer_11.jpg
    • Venture-RVs-new-Sonic-trailer1.jpg
    • AutoTransport11.jpg
    #1 Flippi 284, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 8
  2. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

My suggestions.
    Extended travel trailer.
    21999.jpg

Old school New Zealand style caravan.
    banner4.jpg

Small trailers.
    section_image_280.jpg 83-10x5-tandem-galvanised-car-trailer.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

i

#3 Flippi 284, May 19, 2017
  4. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

That could be done really quick by adding walls to the existing small trailer, and maybe altering the rear gate so that it's solid instead of mesh. A pretty good ratio of functionality compared to the amount of effort required to put it in-game and maintain it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Something like this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

i

#6 Flippi 284, May 20, 2017
  7. MR OFFROAD52

MR OFFROAD52
    Expand Collapse

we need a 20 foot trailer for the hitch no the semi

8. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I think that Greenlight trailer packs are usually between 16-20 dollars, but I also think it varies by location and vendor.

9. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

There's a trailer that will fit a car in the upcoming update.

10. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

Has not yet been confirmed.

11. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

It's not been confirmed, but we have seen images of it in-game, driving around, and successfully holding a Covet in the bed.

Barring some kind of secondary post from @Nadeox1 , where we see the new trailer glitching out, i'd say it's the second-surest thing to expect in the next update, with the confirmed bug fixes being the first.

12. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

We saw the trailers (the off-road one(s) and the 53' dry van with weird loading door/lift gate thing) so long ago, I would be shocked if they weren't in the update. Those trailers and some small stuff (new camera setting options, bug fixes, etc...) are pretty much the only things we can be sure of for the next update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

i

#13 Flippi 284, Aug 10, 2017
  14. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I'm away from the ol' PC this week... can someone provide first impressions? Does it handle something like a Moonhawk? Are there any optional parts? Can 5-lug or 6-lug wheels be fitted?

15. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

i

#15 Flippi 284, Aug 11, 2017
  16. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Miramar and off road config Hopper are the biggest I have gotten on the extended one. Low ground clearance vehicles have trouble getting on it but otherwise it's a nice trailer. I don't think the little one can even fit a Pigeon, its smaller than I expected. The options are pretty much the same as the rest of the trailers (can take a lot off but not really any options aside from wheels). Haven't taken note of optional spindles but I don't think there are any.

The loading ramp for the '53 dry van is a lot of fun to mess around with. My only problem is there is no power limit, so it is strong enough to crush a D-Series left in its way. Fun problem to have. I've had issues with cars inside the trailer crash welding to it unfortunately. A light tap on the sides has welded the Bartow's front fender to the trailer a couple of times. I assume that was an issue before but I never noticed because there wasn't much of a point putting cars in it.

17. Fast-Subaru71

Fast-Subaru71
    Expand Collapse

What's the difference between New Zealand style caravans and European ones ?

Just to be clear, I'm not against more caravans. I personally found towing the caravan in BeamNG entertaining.

Talking about trailers, here are a few I would personally like to see in-game :

-European trailers

-Older truck trailers

-Tank trailer

-An old luxurious caravan

-A generator trailer

-A truck trailer to carry cars

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I guess if this is turning back into a trailer suggestion thread, I'll put my opinions in...

There are a lot of trailers I would like to see in game, and I don't want to turn this into a wall of text talking about and justifying a bunch of different types of trailers. Nothing really out of the usual so most of them aren't worth talking about. I do feel it's necessary to talk about two of them though since these are the only two I've seen people gives reasons to actively not want in game. I think it would be nice to see things like a low boy and car carrier trailer, even if we don't have a use for the low boy and very few computers could handle a fully loaded car carrier. The low boy is so iconic to me it's a shame to not have it and there's no reason we can only use a car carrier trailer if it's fully loaded.

I would like to see more parts for the existing trailers. I know they made it clear that they want a large parts library, but it's not clear if that will extend to trailers or only be for cars. There are a lot of modifications that can be added to the existing '53 foot dry van for example, such as a short version, reefer unit, dollys to haul doubes/road trains, etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

i

#19 Flippi 284, Aug 12, 2017
  20. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I was just saying that I often hear people say we shouldn't have a big car carrier because so few people could fully load it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice