1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

New user, a few questions / problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by EFB055, Apr 24, 2020.

1. EFB055

EFB055
    Expand Collapse

Hi.

Finally bought a computer that could run this game, and really love all the work that's gone into it.

I've got a couple of questions i was hoping i could get some help with:

1) Campaigns, i'm not sure if i'm missing something, but when i select a campaign it always takes me back to the first level. How can i select the level that i got up to in a previous session? There doesn't seem to be any saving or recorded scores?

2) Scenario - demolition derby and multiseat. I've played around a little with multiseat and have figured out how to tab players to other cars (I assigned a button on my PS4 controller to switch cars during multiseat). But i'm having a problem with the demolition derby scenario. When i load the scenario, i get this screen:

1.jpg

As you can see, both the keyboard and the PS4 controller are assigned to the same car. It says to steer with the controller to choose the vehicle, but as you can see from the screenshot below of me turning the blue Pessima's wheels (behind the menu) it does not change the players chosen vehicle:

2.jpg

Now, if i use the keyboard's left/right arrow keys i can move the keyboard player to a different car:

3.jpg

But if i hit START, then Player 1 is both the keboard and the controller (both keyboard and controller operate one car)

4.jpg

If i use the switch to next vehicle (multiseat) button, then both the keyboard and the controller move to a different car (pic shows switching between cars):

6.jpg

7.jpg

And after 15 seconds or so, regardless of anything that happens in game the game is over:

5.jpg

This same thing happens if i have two controllers plugged in (both the 2 controllers and the keyboard are still assigned to one player).

Can someone help me out here?

2. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

1) Campaigns, i'm not sure if i'm missing something, but when i select a campaign it always takes me back to the first level. How can i select the level that i got up to in a previous session? There doesn't seem to be any saving or recorded scores?
    The current "campaign" is just a small teaser anyway.
    It does not have a save function, and it's not very necessary at the moment due to the short duration of it.

Can't help with the other things though, but I am sure somebody else can :)

3. EFB055

EFB055
    Expand Collapse

Ah k. Appreciate the reply.

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

2) We found some bugs related to that recently. Please wait for the next hotfix and see if it's solved.

• Like Like x 1
  5. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

I sometimes have this problem with the campaigns, i ususally use the higly technical "close the game and restart it" approach to tings. If you have a mod camapagin it is very likely that it's outdated, for example the ones associated with the stairway mountain mod (pepe rene i think it's called). also welcome to the forums

6. EFB055

EFB055
    Expand Collapse

Will do.

7. JB040

JB040
    Expand Collapse

Hi all, I'm new as well and I have one question.
    If I have 2 config packs that share a config, will that config show twice?

I know it's not related but I thought it would be a good place to post

8. Thehoove

Thehoove
    Expand Collapse

I'm having the exact same problem with the demolition derby. Just bought that game. Was trying to set up a demolition derby so my 4 year old can play with me. Same thing. Puts keyboard and both controllers on the same car. Both controllers can move the camera around, but only the keyboard can choose a vehicle. Hopefully fixed soon.

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

What is the model of the controller you are using? Is it connected via wire, bluetooth or via its own wireless dongle?
    In Options > Controls > Hardware, with what name does the control appears with?
    How are you setting up your 'demolition derby'? (Freeroam, or via one of the scenarios?)

10. Thehoove

Thehoove
    Expand Collapse

Xbox 360 controller on wireless dongle and PS4 controller wired. Both work fine in single player freeroam. I was starting demolition derby from scenario. I will look in the morning and see what the controllers names are in settings.

#10 Thehoove, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

In Options > Controls > Hardware, with what name does each controller appears with?

Also give a Support ID please

12. Thehoove

Thehoove
    Expand Collapse

PS4 controller shows up as "wireless controller", joystick0 09cc054c.
    If I use DS4Windows software, the PS4 controller shows up as Xbox controller 1 xinput0 xidevice

The Xbox 360 controller shows up at Xbox controller 2 xinput xidevice.

Both controllers work at all other times, but only the keyboard is able to select a car in the demolition derby screen. Both controller can steer the cars tires In the background, but don't move the car selector screen.

Support Id is 75691

13. EFB055

EFB055
    Expand Collapse

Hey, just started playing this again and i'm still having issues with multiseat. Were these bugs ever resolved?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice