New Xbox 360 Controller Input Map (As Addon or official update)

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Jujune, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Please do this!
    Y:Respwan
    B:Shift down
    A:Shift up
    X:
    LB:Indicator Left
    RB:Indicator Right
    RT:Gas
    LT:Brake/Reverse
    Left Stick "Left":Turn Left
    Left Stick "Right":Turn Right
    Left Stick "Press":Turn Lights on
    Right Stick "360°":Camera view
    Right Stick "Press":Change Camera View
    Back:Handbrake
    Start:Start/Stop Engine
    DPad Down:Warning lights
    DPad Up:Change to other Car
    DPad Left:pause/Stop Game

Could anyone do this or explain how i could do myself?

2. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

There's a guide to creating your own input map in the wiki. There's also a thread where people post their input maps and you might be able to find what you want there. It's not that hard once you know what you're doing.

3. FZulley

FZulley
    Expand Collapse

I might do that, if still wanted.. Had an exam today, writing an Inputmap might be good to calm down ( Yeah, really.. I like programming etc )

EDIT: Done ;) Only thing is "Start Button, Engine on/off" .. this is not availible ;) ( Or did i miss that feature? oO ) Pause/End .. What exactly do you want? Pause -> Freeze Physics? Or like pressing ESC? In this attachement it freezes physics

If the game is loading the controllerxbox360forwindows.inputmap file, choose what you want :) . Delete or save that controllerxbox... file, or copy the content of my file to that while overwriting it..

Attached Files:

#3 FZulley, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  4. Jujune

Jujune
    Expand Collapse

Thank you! I do know that their is actually no Engine turn off funcion and yes i meant physic freeze.
    I´m going to test it now, thank you very much!

ehm.. im a bit confused how do i install this?

#4 Jujune, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  5. FZulley

FZulley
    Expand Collapse

If you didn't change anything during the Setup, this is the location of the inputmaps: ( In case you're not on Win XP anymore, but I don't think so :D )

C:\Users\"USERNAME"\AppData\Local\BeamNG\BeamNG.drive\scripts\client\inputmaps

Replace the original 028E045E.inputmap.cs file with my one, and delete ( or do whatever you want of course ) the controllerxbox360forwindows.inputmap file, but make sure that it is not in that folder anymore. Thats all :) If there are still problems existing, contact me via PM if you want, and because I see you're german, you may write the PM im German if you like.. ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice