Next Car Game (from the guys that did FlatOut)

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by KrozMcD, Mar 20, 2013.

1. KrozMcD

KrozMcD
    Expand Collapse

They have gone back to their roots, and are developing a new game! It looks great, but is in early development, so will/should end up even better. Video below, check it out!

#1 KrozMcD, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  2. Mumia76

Mumia76
    Expand Collapse

It looks rigid body to me. The same technology has been used for at least 2 decades now. The only difference is the number of debris, and that the damage is not predefined. Basically Carmageddon 2 did the same as this game.

3. KrozMcD

KrozMcD
    Expand Collapse

Yea, this is true. The problem is, to make amazing damage like BeamNG are developing, takes a huge amount of time. Also, the amount of cars in a race, and the scenery in the background prevents them from having complicated damage modelling. If the cars were anything like BeamNG's, then there would be fewer in a race, etc etc, and it would limit who could play the game because people with slower pc's would struggle. Obviously they want more people to buy the game, not just people with high-end pc's. Still, I'm excited for this, because I loved the old FlatOut games!!

4. xzbobzx

xzbobzx
    Expand Collapse

This looks epic! O:
    Nothing against rigid bodies tho

5. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

I think this looks amazing, I cannot wait to play :D

6. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Reminds me of Destruction Derby 2. As a console guy I must admit BeamNG has changed my attitude about PC possibilities once again. After playing
    BeamNG I seriously doubt I will ever see it's level of realism on ANY console...ever.

7. nukezbomz

nukezbomz
    Expand Collapse

As long as they keep rag-doll human darts, long jump, high jump, ski jump and all the other little mini games. They were great fun (and still are!) to play with friends! :D

8. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

it is but you find me a consle that can play something like beamng it just can no xbox or ps3 could my xbox laggs on dead island

9. adamtaa

adamtaa
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps it is just me and I can accept that. I will admit that I like high resolution textures and shiny super detailed polygon models like in forza5 very much but having played Drive, and the complete carmaggeddon series as well as interstate 76, if you dont have a good damage model to go with your shiny graphics I am not going to be interested in laying out my money for it.

I know I am one person amongst the multitudes but lets say, since this is an alpha it would be reasonable to expect a few improvements graphically in drive, not that i need them but lets say they happen. Then lets say they add multiplayer racing, or just racing period, and lets say that it runs like it does now. I would put forth that for an average machine, drive supplies a satisfying experience. Long setup I know but here is the punch line.

All of the above conspires, even in drive's current state, to render my desire for the old rigid body crash mechanics to go away. BeamNG you guys have ruined my ability to devote a spare clock cycle to thinking about others peoples shiny cerebrally lacking endeavors. (Yadda Yadda Forza tire and suspension physics Yadda Yadda)

And before anybody gets ugly, I am a die hard forza player and have played every version of it thus far and will keep forking over for it. It is just that while I may buy forza, I will be playing drive thank you very much.

10. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

You know Forza and Gran Turismo have low polygon models due weak xbox and ps3.
    Just check pCars for and mayyyybe the new Forza on the xbox one, they actually got amazing models and graphic's level.
    pCars is also Alpha/beta.

Ontopic: I support BeamNG and now also NextCarGame!
    Just love both Flatout 1 and 2^^

11. KrozMcD

KrozMcD
    Expand Collapse

12. Craftworth

Craftworth
    Expand Collapse

13. tuningfreak1

tuningfreak1
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice