Next Car Game

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Ukuku92, Aug 31, 2013.

1. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

Re: BeamNG might be slightly left behind

My point is, try the game demo yourself. Form your own opinion. Too many people swing on the opinions of others...

2. SeenCreaTive

SeenCreaTive
    Expand Collapse

I feel that you didn't quite understand what I tried to say,

"Changing the colour of my car is complicated enough, but whole skins, new cars, maps ect, is way bit over my head, and I'd assume over most of the BeamNG buyers. Short of simply downloading other people's work of course."

but that's besides the point anyways, I just used that as a simple example of accessibility.

- - - Updated - - -

That wasn't an opinion based from his, that's on opinion based on facts. He stated no facts himself. Other then it runs ridiculously smooth with mass physics. but if he recommends the game this highly, people will get the demo, and find that they love it just the same.

#222 SeenCreaTive, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  3. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

It is the same thing with changing color. You just have to have a little skill.

Also, the only reason why NCG runs smoother is because it doesn't simulate nearly as many things as BeamNG does.

4. SeenCreaTive

SeenCreaTive
    Expand Collapse

Full textured car skins? Paying attention to alpha layers? I do't know about you, but I have some trouble with adding syemetrical pinstripes to both sides of the car, thanks to 0 GIMP or photoshop training. Although google will help. But like I said, that's besides the point.

And yes, I also stated that, but as I also said, the majority people don't care, it still has good crashes and destruction WHILE running buttery smooth.

I quote form my original post "BeamNG undisputedly has the best vehicle physics of anything today. But I think I can say, the majority come for the crashes and not physics in general."

So now the freaking amazing soft body physics of BeamNG, aren't so imporant if NCG still has great crashes, and destruction of absurdly large proportions at 60 fps.

#224 SeenCreaTive, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  5. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

Next Car Game = Game

BeamNG-Drive = Simulation

i hope i dont have to explain the difference...

6. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

They are making a great arcade racer with pretty graphics and entertaining destruction. It's in no way realistic; they've made immeasurable compromises in authenticity and realism to make it run smoothly. We have a completely different approach, and I don't think it's fair to compare them. With the way we are optimizing our physics, and how computer architecture is improving and processors are getting faster, it is not unlikely that we too could be running 24 cars at once at 60 fps in a year or two. The key difference is that they are not using soft-body physics. They only simulate any kind of deformation during the one frame of a collision impact. We simulate 300-500 points at all times, 2000 times per second, which is why things are able to flex and deform elastically (bend and spring back). You will never see that behavior in a rigid body sim.

7. Spartacus

Spartacus
    Expand Collapse

To me BeamNG.DRIVE is an awesome simulation, not a video game like most people have in mind. Consider it like a pretty realistic Forensic Animation which uses full-motion computer graphics to recreate an event such as an automobile accident, the collapse of a building, an assault, or the workings of a mechanical device from a variety of perspectives. Since it is still in ALPHA stage more capability and variety is to come. My congratulations to the developers and modders for making this great simulation software. :cool:

8. GrippingLine

GrippingLine
    Expand Collapse

Softbody physics challenger?

http://nextcargame.com/

Playing the demo right now, and the only thing I like about it
    Is the vehicle sounds and how smooth it seems to run I guess.

The demo is free. If need be, I could get up a livestream or post some videos.
    Just wanted maybe some community input on how you think these two.

BeamNG - Simulator
    Next Car Game - Sandboxish

9. pf12351

pf12351
    Expand Collapse

Re: Softbody physics challenger?

First thing, THERE IS A MASSIVE THREAD ALREADY ABOUT THIS!!! It is so hard to miss, and it comes up in search.
    Secondly, I think the devs care more about making a perfectly real simulator more than rivaling a different company. BeamNG is far more realistic. NCG is more of a rival for Dirt Showdown. It is pretty much Dirt Showdown but with (semi) soft body physics.

Gabester -

#229 pf12351, Dec 27, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  10. GrippingLine

GrippingLine
    Expand Collapse

Apologies for not seeing the thread. This may be removed, I found the thread. Hah.

11. simon48

simon48
    Expand Collapse

Couldn't have put it any better myself. Also the OP said NCG "sandboxish" which is not right at all. The "sneak peek" is one of their testing maps. The full game is a fully fledged racer and demolition derby game, both of which are in their pre-alpha they released to pre-orderers.

12. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

i cant run it i get this error.jpg but if i run it via the installer it works

13. simon48

simon48
    Expand Collapse

Why are you posting this here? Go post it on the Next Car Game forums (you should also include your specs).

14. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

Once you get this working:
    there should be atleast 5 cars possible with 60 fps :)
    GPU's are way stronger then CPU's, so its just a matter of time until you make it.

Comparing NCG with BNG is stupid, completly different games.

15. SeenCreaTive

SeenCreaTive
    Expand Collapse

Im not comparing the games myself, clearly BeamNGs soft-body is what most of us posters were drawn to including me, but unfortunately like I said in my previous posts, majority of the buyers are probably not here for the soft-body aspects of things, destruction and crashes.

A great example is COD and Battlefield 4. VERY different games, and yet they're the 2 most compared games of all time. All they have in common is that they're modern shooters.

You could say it's unfair to compare them since BF4 is a map dominance (in conquest) game involving vehicles, small amounts of strategy and large teams. Where as COD is a run around, reflex shooter. Yet look at the constant fan boys' bickering

I'd like to think of NCG as a new Burnout. Criterion as unfortunately completely slowed down on the series. NCG uses the same style everything, crashing, arcade physics, just now is updated for the new generation. It's going to be a huge hit, and there is 0 doubt in my mind people will compare the games besides the point, and get NCG instead. Unfortunatly.

#235 SeenCreaTive, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  16. GTR2legend

GTR2legend
    Expand Collapse

i will always be with beamng [i didn't even like next car game]

17. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if anyone else has played the newest version of the NCG alpha or not but it has some really cool destructible environment features on the two race tracks that I would love to see in BeamNG some day. 100's of tires rolling across the race track, concrete pillars and barriers that crumble when you smash into them, ect ect.. It's pretty amazing to me that they can get all of that to render smoothly, along with the 24 other cars smashing into each other..

Comparing the two games is just silly.

18. FURTHEWIN

FURTHEWIN
    Expand Collapse

Just something I put together

#238 FURTHEWIN, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  19. mrniz666

mrniz666
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG is a lot more realistic. The car ends up being ridiculously narrow...

#239 mrniz666, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  20. TomiL88

TomiL88
    Expand Collapse

Like many people say "Comparing the two games is just silly." BeamNg is softbody while NCG is rigid, DUH! :rolleyes:

Anyway I´m sure they will tweak the deformation "less heavy". And make cars undriveable after certain amount of damage.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice