Next Car Game

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Ukuku92, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Mihle Gaming

Mihle Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I know! And i was saying that because I know someone was going to say that it was better (someone always does) an I was trying to get the people as think that to watch the video one more time and we how the crash mechanic really worked in the game.

You are stupid shivaxi.

2. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Hey now... no need to be calling people stupid :/ lol

3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

It does look like a pretty fun game. I may buy it. I'll just have to wait and see.

4. Masterjoc

Masterjoc
    Expand Collapse

I bought it, cuz BNG will never be able to get this performance and the full physics at the same time. Thats why bugbear is using only arcadish physics.
    But the fun with both games will be amazing, I like the opportunities on flatout maps more. But just driving around and see suspension working on bng is cool, also the deformation :)

5. Ckykyro

Ckykyro
    Expand Collapse

They mispelled "flatout 3"

6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Well, if you live in the northern states, such as I do. (i'm in Wisconsin) and I'm in rural Wisconsin at that... it is convenient to have a 4wd truck in the winter time when you have 100 meters of foot deep snow in between you and the road lol. Though, I do drive a 97 plymouth breeze, sometimes I just gotta back up 3 or 4 times to get a good enough run at the trail I'm making out to the road. I just have to hope there's no cars coming hahaha, or I'll stop and get stuck.

Oh, and I pre-orderered. The physics aren't as impressive as BeamNG, but I have played the whole flatout series and this looks to be better than all of them, which is impressive cuz I loved flatout. But unfortunately, not many Mopar-esque cars, and no 60's-70's land yachts yet that I've seen :(

7. SeenCreaTive

SeenCreaTive
    Expand Collapse

Burnout and Motorstorm have muuuch better deformation and crashes. They aren't preset deforms.

8. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

I agree partly. Having a truck or big suv or something is useful. I don't get why you would want a truck or something like that as a daily driver, though. I know a lot of people who have a big suburban or just some big suv to haul their family around in or something. Those things all have big V8s in them. And it's nice having the raw power of a V8. Even though, when you bury the peddle, you can almost see the gas meter drop. I guess I understand what you're saying, but this is 'murica.

9. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Have you seen any of the current videos they've made? They've come a long way since this video. The cars are no longer hard bodied pre-determined. It's softbody physics. You can really fuck up these cars, though not as easily as in BeamNG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bmQbUJiEax8

Edit: And I'm guessing they've made the bodies/frames of the car a little stiffer so you can abuse them a little more.

#49 Mopower77, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2013
  10. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

But that's not soft body at all, it's just highly impressive dynamic vertex deformation. Flatout 1 and 2 had this if i'm not mistaken. GTA also has something like this but much less impressive. Another key game that had this was Viper Racing. You can achieve very nice damage modelling with this, however, it will never be as accurate as full soft body.

11. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I honestly don't know what vertex deformation means, but the shit bends all the way. Just saying. And Fo1 and Fo2 you could not bend the car in half. Did you watch the whole video? Here's the forums, you check it out. http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php

12. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know. I will be picking this game up and have been actively following it since the first teaser trailer and hoping a new Flatout would come out since 2. I'm just stating that this isn't soft body physics. The cars still bounce around like toys and panels fall off when hit in that general direction. If it was soft body physics, the game would run at 2fps. Have you played Viper Racing? (go to 3:55)

It's dynamic vertex deformation.

#52 NINJAHOBNOB, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  13. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Ah, thanks for explaining bob.

14. JeremyP147

JeremyP147
    Expand Collapse

I still think the first FlatOut is the best racing game ever, and I recommend it to anyone who like racing old cars and smashing scenery into tiny pieces. This looks awesome, even if the damage is not quite like BeamNG. And the cars look amazing.

15. SeenCreaTive

SeenCreaTive
    Expand Collapse

I live in Canada, specifically in a place where we're known for our world class skiing snow. I drive a '93 Honda Accord. If there's only a foot of snow it would be good roads.... ;)

16. Ukuku92

Ukuku92
    Expand Collapse

17. akino_germany

akino_germany
    Expand Collapse

"And it gets even better: we have already implemented fully deformable soft body car damage, meaning that the cars will react to damage in a very tangible, convincing way."

18. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

LOL, talk about bullshit, its rigid body, not soft body, they can SAY, its soft body all they want, but it most certainly is not

19. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

It's a mix between those 2. It's defenetly not pre moddeled, but also not as soft as in beamng. Wich is perfect because Destruction Derby Games like flatout with the realistic damage of beamng would never work. And I might be wrong but doesn't rigid body mean that it is hard and not deformable?
    Because if you look very closely in the video, you will actually see cars deforming! :O

20. juju

juju
    Expand Collapse

In the videos the car deforms, but it's not "soft body damage" at all in my opinion... When the car hits something, the deformation is instant.
    The computer calculates the deformation from the forces, angle etc... and this on each peices of those cars (Bumper, Hood, Chassis etc...)
    So the deformation goes from Not deformed to Deformed, instantly.
    It works kinda the same way as in GTA IV/V, it's the same "deforming technology" i'll say, except it take counts of more parameters for the deformation.
    But again this is my opinion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice