Next Car Game

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Ukuku92, Aug 31, 2013.

1. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

Dynamic mesh deformation. Like GTA IV, GTA V, Viper Racing, rFactor and other games using isiMotor2 etc etc albeit, more advanced. This is not soft body physics at all and them claiming it is is blatant false advertising. I really like how they do their damage and I love the Flatout games, will definitely be picking this up, but false advertising is something I despise. Maybe the person who wrote the info doesn't know the correct terminology, but it is wrong and should be changed to something like fully deformable dynamic car damage. I hope I am proved wrong and they somehow managed to make proper full soft body physics run extremely efficiently on today's hardware, but for some reason, I doubt that.

2. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

True, thats what I said, the cars deform... Imagine cars deforming like in beamng, the game would be over after 10sec and you would get max 10fps with 10-20cars arround you.

The system they show is probably the only thing atm wich is playable and fps friendly. Go include beamng physics into next car game and I bet it will be unplayable.

- - - Updated - - -

I might be wrong saying that because my english is not perfect but as far as I understood from Wikipedia, you call things soft body that can deform.
    Do the cars deform in next car game? Yes. Even though, like juju said, they do it in a weird way but they do.

3. NINJAHOBNOB

NINJAHOBNOB
    Expand Collapse

Soft body means it is soft. NCG, GTA, rFactor etc are solid. There's a large difference between soft body and dynamic.
    Soft Body:

And of course ROR & BeamNG. I'm sad that I couldn't find the one with the dildos falling out the sky but oh well
    Dynamic:
    The viper racing video I posted a page ago, GTA, Gran Turismo 5 etc.

Edit: Found it. Soft bodies incoming

#63 NINJAHOBNOB, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  4. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

the comments on their damage video about how "its more realistic than beamng" is making me sick, ive been in a real crash, i would know what damage looks like. i dont recall having two front fascias come off of the car at any point, which happens in the video at the 1:13 mark

5. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

I see lots of complaints on these forums about "jelly" cars and not enough parts flying off. These people don't really give a shit about realism so when they see a car made of brittle plastic that explodes all over the place they are gratified. I think bugbear really took these people's (bad) opinions into account when they were making it. There's sheet metal breaking into tons of pieces for no reason at all.

6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

You are 100% correct because people like YOU didn't come onto the bugbear forum and ask for something more realistic... I searched for over a year to find people to agree with me and only found a handful. However, I did succeed in getting them to make smaller, muddier, more realistic derby arenas... Hopefully they'll add stacks to the cars.

And sorry Moose, not trying to single you out, but it would've helped if we'd have gotten more people on the forums to say that all that arcadish bullshit that gives the 12 year old Russkies raging boners should be left out of the game... There's still time. You too can go to community.bugbeargames.com and let them know what the fuck is up. lol

Sorry for this, but yeah, it's very frustrating arguing with children that love 400 mph explosions into freight trains and airplanes and volcano derby and the stupidest fucking shit I've ever heard. My apologies on the language, but lord almighty. I've lost many-a-hair over it...

That's community.bugbeargames.com

7. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

I do bear some of the blame for just sitting here bitching now that I think about it. TBH I'm probably not going to buy the game, but I should still try to convince them to go more realistic anyway. That video had absolutely ridiculous amounts of random crap flying off the cars.

OffTopic:
    Also, I still think the fenders of the D15 detach too easily in beamng. :c

8. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

The game will be fun, and they're going more back to FO1 with it rather than towards the outrageous FO2 and FOUC arcade stuff. So, it's not like the game's going to be just explosions and shit (Actually they're not going to have exploding cars) yay! Oh, and regarding the damage... they have come a long way since the super hardbody stuff you've been seeing in the video. It's not quite as bad as that anymore and the fenders don't fall off quite so easily... But hey, it's an arcade game :p

9. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

My xbox is broken, but I might checkit out if they release on pc. I played an old game on the original xbox that I think was by these same people and it was a lot of fun.

10. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The damage tech is nothing new - it's very similar to what Viper Racing had in 1998 or what GTA 4 used, just scaled up with more parts falling off. It's not soft-body. It still has the age-old problem of all the parts being perfectly aligned until they fall off, no matter how crunched up the car is. That means the signature "hood up-push" that you see in just about every real car crash is completely absent, as well as minor panel misalignment, both of which arise naturally in BeamNG.

11. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Welp, there's a way around that till we persuade Gabester. if you have something like notepad++ it makes the whole ordeal a little easier. go into your beamNG/vehicles/pickup folder, find the fenders.Jbeam. There's both fenders inside that file, so what you need to do is look for the //attach sections for each fender and tune the breakgoups to your taste. Gabester has annotated everything in the file. Back up the edited file so your work isn't undone each time there's an update.

Its good being able to mod the damage to your taste.

12. LandYacht76

LandYacht76
    Expand Collapse

THIS. The amount of Gopnik mongs on that forum is horrid. There's also this Purple44 guy that does nothing but hawk his tired ass FO1/FO2 mods from 2006 and wants there to be moronic shit like jet-dinosaur cars and volcano derby arenas.

13. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Game is getting released on PC mang. Only if it's really successful will it get released to the next-gen consoles. So yeah, pre-order on kickstarter and tell bugbear what ya want or don't want in the game

14. LandYacht76

LandYacht76
    Expand Collapse

Bugbear released a tech demo of Flatout 1 from 2002, free to download on the NCG Kickstarter page. It's awesome.

15. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I just checked the video for that, for something from 2002 those graphics are amazing.

16. LandYacht76

LandYacht76
    Expand Collapse

Indeed, the textures are better than some PS3/360 games.

17. Chernobyl

Chernobyl
    Expand Collapse

RELEASE THIS NOW

18. Ehet

Ehet
    Expand Collapse

wrong forum

19. Ukuku92

Ukuku92
    Expand Collapse

First gameplay video:

It seems to handle more like the first Flatout rather than it's sequels which is really good!

#79 Ukuku92, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  20. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

It looks like A LOT of fun, but unrealistic as all get out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice