Next Car Game

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Ukuku92, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Like I said, the guy in the video that Longholster posted is just some deranged fan... Those aren't the words of Bugbear.

Oh, and Ben posted that in response to Rigs of Rods... Or is the physics simulation the same in both ROR and BeamNG? Anyway, I can clearly see that the damage simulation that bugbear has done is not nearly as realistic as BeamNG, but I'm trying to solve the whole soft-body physics/deformation thing... I really have no idea what to take from all this lol.

Thanks for posting Myth.

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the general idea of the physics simulation in Rigs of Rods is basically the same. BeamNGs version is just much more refined and polished and generally just "better". I know the video Longholster posted is just a deranged fan by the way ;)

But indeed, I don't know what to make of it either. It just shows to me that at least some of the devs are honest and aren't afraid to do their best to explain what they're doing, and aren't just talking some poop :p

3. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, the damage is really looking great, i mean I could compare it to beamng but that would be pointless. For a mainstream, full game the damage is some of the best I've ever seen.

4. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Back on topic, looks like the kickstarter is going to fail, though I'd love to see a miracle... For those of you that pre-ordered on Kickstarter, I believe Bugbear will give pre-order options from their own site again once the Kickstarter campaign is over. You may still get to pre-order from there. And to those of us who have already pre-ordered before kickstarter, hold tight! We should be getting the sneak peak in under 2 weeks :)

#104 Mopower77, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  5. simon48

simon48
    Expand Collapse

Agreed, just because you're on a cell phone doesn't mean that you're exempt from writing with correct grammar and it definitely doesn't mean it gives you carte blanche to point out other people's grammar mistakes when yours is currently worse.

P.S. this is obviously directed at logoster not at you Mopower77. ;)

#105 simon48, Nov 19, 2013
  6. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

haha, you mean at logoster not me? Yeah I understand Simon. No worries. Though, I'm less upset about the grammar thing, more about Long Holster's lies.

7. simon48

simon48
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I already fixed it, it must be rubbing off on me. :p The inaccuracies were pretty bad, but him attacking your grammar with his grammar was a low blow in my opinion.

8. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

So i'll apologize to everyone else that frequents this thread! Also, I am not a rep or employee of Bugbear. I'm simply standing up for a group of good guys that don't deserve to be slandered. I hope everyone still gets a chance to checkout the game!

if nothing else, their forums are here Community.bugbeargames.com

Check it out, register if you feel inclined, and post your suggestions. Hope to see some new faces :)

#108 Mopower77, Nov 19, 2013
  9. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

also, new reason i probably wont be getting it, parents, mine genreally dont like buying video games (yes, i realize i can just get a job at my age (15) however, i cant atm, because of school finals coming up, as well as the fact that there really arnt many jobs a 15 year old can get in my city)

#109 logoster, Nov 19, 2013
  10. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Understood, thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

I know!!! ugh, there are a few of us trying to convince them to go that way, but as you've seen... There are people on the internet who will tell you that you're dead wrong and that body parts need to fly off to entertain :( Quite unfortunate. I never say no to a bit of help convincing them though ;)

Edit: my apologies, but are you talking about the most recent gameplay video? Or the fact that the body parts fly off? In the most recent, they used an indestructible car for the player with increased mass, or so I've been told. But yes, when it comes to keeping the body panels on and letting them bend, they've let me down there, no lies. But it's much better than the flatout series in my opinion...

#110 Mopower77, Nov 19, 2013
  11. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I don't see what the dichotomy is forming over. While BeamNG's physics is very good, its still not a "game" yet. Adding lap times for race courses by xmas won't exactly fix that either. NCG, if it comes out early enough, seems like a good tide-over till our dev team can focus more on gameplay, more competent AI and content.

NCG isn't new, revolutionary or particularly impressive, but it should be a fun arcedey game. If it turns out they go back to the Flatout 1 feel where everything has mass I'll be happy.

12. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

I mean that at the moment, their hood just shrinks... It gets shorter.

The most obvious flaw in their damage is that. If they make the hood bulge upwards in a crash, it'll look so much more realistic. While they're at it, they can do the same with the trunklid. If you're trying to convince them, just look up some pictures of cars in crash-tests. Noone can argue with that. And yes, panels can still fly off, no problem, it's still an arcade racer. They just need to make it so that before it flies off, it bulges up :)

13. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

Ah, ok, I didn't know that, my bad. But honestly I have better things to do than following there progress all the time ;)

And for the damage, like I said a few pages ago,
    I like it, but it is for me at least by far not as good as they made it look like in the trailer of the game.

Just look at their latest video, the first crash. The car1 crashing into the rear of the car2. The rear of the car2 deforms in 1frame quite a lot but car1 isn't even really damaged, at least the hood didn't move. Also, there is absoluetly no feeling of force, the car1 crashes into car2 but still keeps driving at the same speed like nothing happend. It seems like the 2 cars are weightless and the collision didn't affect anything apart the deformation.

Or the crash at 0:36 is even worse, it looks like the car1 weights about 10.000kg and the car2 about 500kg.

Last crash the same, it looks like they player car is invincible and the other super fragile.

Overall the damage is good, but there game is only about racing and crashing so they could have done a few things better. :)

14. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Which is exactly what has been stated about 3 times in this thread and on their kickstarter now... The player car is an invincible mass-car for demonstration purposes.

15. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

It's still amazes me that Driver 1 from 1999 had car damage where the hood would bend upward, yet newer games cant seem to have the hood bend upward.

16. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

That's because Driver uses the extremely basic system of swapping parts of the car out for damaged models. Forza and pre-IV GTA games do this, the massive downside is that it happens no matter how slowly you hit something, as soon as the car touches anything it's damaged.

17. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

Oh :D Well, that explains a lot...

18. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

The bold underlined... Yeah that's been done many times over... Then the casual-hardcore fans get on me about camera view and shit like that... ugh. It's like, if the front end bends up anyway, you won't see it, might as well make it realistic... Like it'd be one thing if they used chains or plates on the cars... that generally makes the hood just bend straight up from the front, like on a derby car. But they don't have that stuff so yeah, and there is a thread on it... I don't know what to tell ya man lol

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I loved that feature of Driver, haha, kind of off topic, but the deformation on driver was actually really good ;) Especially considering it came out on the PS1 14 years ago.

19. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

harsh is when a company promises something that doesnt come with the game, but when it does, its a DLC
    harsh is being cheated out of something when companies use a fancy slur of words to make something sound good
    harsh is false advertising
    harsh is companies saying "lets make a lot of money and hope we make a good game!"
    harsh is Electronic Arts

20. SkritCraft

SkritCraft
    Expand Collapse

Well said :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice