Cancelled Nibui Valley Remastered

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Xelerate, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Xelerate

Xelerate
    Expand Collapse

You may recently have seen Nibui Valley. You saw that the author has cancelled the project but has let everybody work on it if they want. Well, @JonasTMT and I started work on it. We plan to add a small village and a town, a dam reservoir, a river, more trees, and off-road trails. Currently we have the small village done, road smoothing and fixing done, and bus stops done (not bus lines). The terrain has been edited a bit but is basically the same as before, except near the roads. A public beta will be released every time there is a major update, which means one will come soon. Name suggestions for the towns are welcome, and especially feedback and ideas. A list of bugs we know about will be released when the public beta is out.

Credits
    @batteries - Original road and terrain

@Occam's Razer - Buildings from Garfield Heights

@Driver41341 - As it stands now, most of the work (village, terrain editing, bus stops, road smoothino)

@JonasTMT - Road smoothing, helping me figure out how to use the map editor

This is also my first map.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00028.png
    • screenshot_00027.png
    • screenshot_00026.png
    • screenshot_00034.png
    • screenshot_00033.png
    #1 Xelerate, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Xelerate

Xelerate
    Expand Collapse

So all the terrain textures disappeared. The textures haven't been deleted, they just disappeared, and when you try to put them back, it doesn't work. This happened once I grabbed some new terrain textures. Anyone know what happened and how to fix it?

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00035.png
  3. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

If anyone has ideas for this map, please say them. That would be appreciated! (and if you give suggestions that we like and that fit into this map, we add them and you will get credit!)

Fixed it. I made a little change inside the materials.cs file (removing the grass groundmodel inside this materials.cs file) so the grass groundmodules won't conflict with eachother.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Xelerate

Xelerate
    Expand Collapse

Does anybody know how to merge the documents/beamng/levels/nibui file with the documents/beamng/mods/nibui file? I need to do this for a beta to work.

5. Xelerate

Xelerate
    Expand Collapse

This project is not dead, I just can’t work on it while Jonas is on vacation in Germany. He should be back soon.

6. Xelerate

Xelerate
    Expand Collapse

Sorry guys, cancelled for now. Might pop up again at some point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice