1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Nordschleife Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AbdullahBemath27, Dec 21, 2021.

1. TroLLeX_

TroLLeX_
    Expand Collapse

Time: 7:10.281
    Vehicle: Gavril Bluebuck (Vanilla - Max Performance Config)

This was more of a fun ride instead of a real try to get the best time. A sub 7 is likely possible, but the aero model, the weight and the poor brakes take their toll on the lap times.
    Its always fun beating other players with one of the old muscle cars in beammp lol.
    --- Post updated ---
    yeah its awd, but the diffs and the suspension need more tuning so that it allows for much higher speeds around lots of the corners. And it got something around 1k hp

2. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Amazing skill and laptime. You reckon Scintilla can hit sub 6s in Max performance config?

3. TroLLeX_

TroLLeX_
    Expand Collapse

Time: 6:10.484
    Vehicle: Civetta Scintilla (Vanilla - WIP Config)

I opted the car and that resulted in higher corner speeds and more stability in general. But ive done some mistakes during the run that costed me some good seconds.
    So there is plenty more room to get the lap time even shorter
    --- Post updated ---
    Not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean if a maximum opted out scintilla could do a sub 6 minutes run? Then yes i think so

4. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Yes that's what I meant. Well sub 6 minute is blisteringly quick, faster than vw id.r, wowsers

5. TroLLeX_

TroLLeX_
    Expand Collapse

Ive done a few mistakes, like taking certain corners slower then i could have and i trailed not into every corner. Additionally i messed up atleast two braking zones hard enough to loose lots of extra time. I think as of the current state of the car it is a 6:05 to 6:07 car. The vw id.r did a 6:05,336 lap. Thats not so far away. I think with a little more opting and me not being so unprecise with my controller i might be able to get a lap done below 6:05 and sooner or later maybe even sub 6. That would be massive for a vanilla beamng car. But i would not think that the scintilla will ever beat the prototypes lap time (atleast not vanilla). 5:19,546 is just to far away, even with hillclimb parts i dont think the scintilla will ever be able to sustain enough stability to take the corners as a Porsche 919 Hybrid Prototype does.

Im gonna look into the wr of the vw id.r now and see how the driver took the corners. Maybe i can adapt certain things.

Edit:
    After lots more experiments and changes back and forth, i managed to make the scintilla more stable in corners which in return resulted in a 6:05.325 run.

I didnt record this lap as it was a testing lap to see how my last changes affected the car, so it doesnt count. But it shows that the scintilla got lots more potential.

Edit 2:
    Ive discovered some bottlenecks in my config, which made me rethink the suspension including the wheel alignments, the wheels themself and the differential tuning. This resulted in a even faster run of 6:03.469

Im sure it will be possible to go sub 6 now

#225 TroLLeX_, Jun 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Holy shit
    And you are doing this with a controller? Thought it was wheel, even more impressive

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

It's definately possible. All you need to do is to use a victual machine. Run BeamNG in said machine, during the race, save pause the game and save a "snapshot" of said virtual machine, if you crash, reload said save state. This means you can drive as aggressive as you want, and don't have to start from the very beginning if you crash.

8. TroLLeX_

TroLLeX_
    Expand Collapse

After lots more experi
    or you just install yourself a tool where you pre program the input. im not going todo any of that, its much more fun when pulled off legitly

9. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

That would work in trackmania but not beamng, the physics are not deterministic so something could not be the same as when you record the input.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TroLLeX_

TroLLeX_
    Expand Collapse

hm alright, not my field of expertise.

Nearly got my first sub 6 run. It just took a new build of the scintilla with a entirely different setup approach. I yet need to make the new version more stable as this one rn spins easiely through rapid steering movements

--- Post updated ---

Time: 5:58.859
    Vehicle: Civetta Scintilla (Vanilla - WIP Hillclimb Config)

Did it. The Scintilla is a sub 6 minutes car! This config got a big stability issue with its rear, that i dont seem to get fixed. If one would come up with a fully stable hillclimb design and if someone then would race a clean line then we maybe even see a 5:50.

• Like Like x 5
  11. GameRusher1234

GameRusher1234
    Expand Collapse

can i use like ultra modded engine and tires files too?

12. TheNico

TheNico
    Expand Collapse

The issue is the front splitter, I was having the same issue and it was resolved by removing the front splitter. With it you can brake a little later but you lose cornering speed significantly. I think it’s more worth it to keep it off.

13. TroLLeX_

TroLLeX_
    Expand Collapse

True, the front bumber splitter changes the scintillas behavior alot. But removing it, as you say yourself, reduces cornering speed. We obviously want both straight and cornering speed. Thats why i rather chose to go with the whole gtrx set and try to build a tuning around it. And that sort off worked to go sub 6 minutes for the first time in history with a vanilla car.

Im curious to see how fast you will get a scintilla without the front bumber splitter

14. TheNico

TheNico
    Expand Collapse

I’m still learning the track and I’m quite slow on the last few sections still. My go to “custom” (vanilla) track car is a wide body race scintilla with the gtrx wing, v10 engine with 639 hp and 414 ft-lbs and 14 liters of fuel. No other modifications were done in tuning. I’ve managed to get a 6:44 without the front splitter and I’m also on controller.

15. TroLLeX_

TroLLeX_
    Expand Collapse

That is infact slow for that car and i think the gtrx wing only is not a good option. i think in your case i would start off by converting the rwd into a awd and then to equip atleast a stage 1 turbocharger. Additionally i would add 19x12 rims for the front and end for a larger contact patch, and also equip the front side splitters if you cant come up with a tuning for a full gtrx setup. If you dont want to use any gtrx parts at all and rather build a stable and easy to drive car then a awd + gtxx wing could already help you out ().

You could also hang out with us and join in on our races on the nordschleife, you are already part of our beam\\cruise community maybe some let you copy and save their cars for further inspections

16. TheNico

TheNico
    Expand Collapse

Tbh I’d rather stick to rwd, it’s more challenging and fun. Not looking to be the fastest but rather push my skill to the limits of the car while also keeping a somewhat realistic build/tune. I think 640 hp is already pretty crazy for a car that only weighs 1270 kg. And yea I’m in the beam cruise server! I’m on Nordschleife almost every night lol.
    Currently testing out the front splitter again, definitely help with cornering speed and stability at high speeds but makes the car feel weird at low speed, increasing front suspension height and stiffness helped counteract the extra downforce on the front suspension and made the rear end more stable. I top out at around 280 km/h which is pretty realistic and I quite enjoy it !

17. Hawaw_Dacar2

Hawaw_Dacar2
    Expand Collapse

a tiny fun run on a diesel shitbox

18. Kerohazretleri

Kerohazretleri
    Expand Collapse

Time 5:36.924
    Vehicle: Genesis F2 mod (outdated mod)
    Not gonna lie i could do so much better but i broke my personal record so im happy with it (I also use keyboard and mouse to drive maybe thats why im so bad)

Stock configuration btw
    Sorry for low resolution im using a office laptop .(

#238 Kerohazretleri, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  19. AbdullahBemath27

AbdullahBemath27
    Expand Collapse

Civetta Scintilla GTs Corse with Carrera GT sound mod by Kirbyguy

20. Hawaw_Dacar2

Hawaw_Dacar2
    Expand Collapse

yooo this sound ultra cool
    --- Post updated ---
    Im trying a record with the the FR17 but im strugling a lot i could only achieved 5:07:783

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice