1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

nVidia GTX 295 problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by cosacc, Nov 29, 2013.

1. cosacc

cosacc
    Expand Collapse

Hi to all developers,

I'm writing this message after months of crashes with my GTX 295 video card.

I wrote to nVidia support team too, trying to solve these crashes.

I report my problem:

after 5/6 minutes that simulator is launched, my video card goes in crash.. an info says me that the video driver doesn't work.. and it has been regenerated..

this problem repeats continuously and it's impossible to play in this conditions, sometime the video card turn off directly and I have to reboot the PC.

the video card has 2 GPU processors and PhysX processor too. A video card tool says that the video card is at 30% of its power and the temperature is at 50°C, nVidia support says that it is normal.

this problem happens only with Beamng.drive game..

Did you have other similar report of this problem?

I hope that you fix it as soon as possible..

Thank you.

2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

That card is a beast, but an old beast. It might be dying. Your PSU may also be insufficient.

3. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I dont think fixing any crashes will help. That card is long long obsolete.
    Seems by passmark scores, my GTX460 which itself is not cutting edge is more powerful (understandable being a full card generation newer, mine then has an extra overclock ontop)

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

My 7770 should beat the 295. :O
    You might should look at an upgrade.

5. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I had a GTX 295. Worst GPU decision I ever made. Power hog, not very fast, and incredibly unstable.

6. cosacc

cosacc
    Expand Collapse

I hadn't ever great problem like these.. It's really the first time that happens these great crashes.. Anyway I have no opportunity now update my hardware.. Also because the newest games work enough well.. My CPU is a I7 920. I hope that there is a solution in some next update to fix this.

7. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

We cannot support such old hardware, sorry. We can't fix a bug that we can't replicate. Try turning off SLI mode; that usually causes the most problems with that card.

8. pulley999

pulley999
    Expand Collapse

Might be worth using something like RivaTuner to create an artificial fan curve for your GPU. If I remember rightly, all of the reference GTX 2xx series (Just upgraded from a 260 not too long ago) are for some inexplicable reason locked to 40% fan duty cycle, regardless of how hot the GPU gets. Mine was consistently going above 100*C and causing all sorts of visual artifacting across many games. Increasing the fan duty cycle on hardware event coretemp range (basically make the fan go faster as the card gets hotter) fixed about 90% of my artifacting. I assume a GTX 295 with a similar fan problem may be suffering worse heat-related failures/issues. Also, dust out your cooler, if you can.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice