1. This is an off-topic section of the forum.
    If you have an issue related to BeamNG, please post in Troubleshooting section instead.

Nvidia's garbage GPUs

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Skwerly1, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

GT 120 in Mac Pro: a rebranded 9500GT

2. max madsen

max madsen
    Expand Collapse

AMD cards are garbage.
    *They draw a lot of power and likes heat.

3. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

GTX 960 was the most "meh" card I know of.
    But has a hardware H265 coder so can't argue really. Also it used to play tomb raider on high settings at 1080p 30fps but now it's hardly running on low settings. Where did all the performance go?

4. ladafan01

ladafan01
    Expand Collapse

300-series and anything below -50 pre-1000-series (10030 seems good)

5. TheCovet

TheCovet
    Expand Collapse

I Have A Nvidia GT9600 Made By Asus
    --- Post updated ---
    My AMD Radeon HD5750 DOESNT EVEN WORK

6. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

I must say that graphics is strangely powerfull sometimes. Run some games under lowest required hardware with not bad FPS.
    Worst thing is laptop temps. More than 80*C when gaming is not very good for mine psyche :p.

NVS 5200M after OC:
    Przechwytywanie.png

7. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Meh. Typical 12 y-o nvidia fanboy phrase because he's got an nvidia card for christmas...

Seriously, the first gen fermi cards heated more than all the regular amd cards ati has ever done... And by regular, I mean every cards excepted all the r9 x95s and r9 fury x.

#27 kStor2poche, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  8. Octothorp Obelus

Octothorp Obelus
    Expand Collapse

I used a GeForce 256 in 2017. Enough said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Racermon

Racermon
    Expand Collapse

I'd say a gt 720 I had would count as crap considering how long it lasted, just little over a year

10. Spiicy

Spiicy
    Expand Collapse

I have a 1060 6GB in my rig, it gets everything done, and runs beamng over 40fps on all maps!
    It would run over 60fps, but my cpu is probably the worst amd fx cpu on the planet

11. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Nvidia drivers have been garbage lately: artefacts under load, screen glitches and not saving my control panel settings, they needed 2 releases to fix the bugs...

#31 Wild Hog, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Agree, not sure what happened. They are giving various issues for me as well.
    Also Geforce Experience: I use Shadowplay extensively, but the the latest version works only once in a while or not at all.

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

Just noticed some bad screen tearing when watching 60 FPS videos....And that's with version 391.something

#33 Wild Hog, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  14. Cody Kamminga

Cody Kamminga
    Expand Collapse

i have used a 128 MB Geforce 6200, and it is very very very awful

15. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Going from an R9 390 to a GTX 970 I've found the drivers to be pretty basic and lacking too, the control panel is ancient and theres not even basic built in temperature and fan speed monitors nevermind power and overclocking adjustments. Same with geforce experience, forced login and again doesn't add alot. Also some driver bugs at the time (reflection issues in BeamNG) but thats fixed now.

Graphics card themselves seem totally fine though and other than the crappy 3.5GB VRAM issues its been performing well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Maybe that raw-power wise this was not the best desition to take, I think... I looked at in-game performance, and they are at almost the same power... Excepted if your r9 390 was dead, then why have you done that ?

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

I actually got two 970s, It was a slight downgrade in games, however with current GPU prices I was able to sell my R9 390 and by two GTX 970s with the money from it, which gives better performance in some games that support SLI and helps alot in rendering (my main reason for getting two)

18. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Ok, interesting... Usually, amd gpus are cheaper than nvidia ones but this "discount" you got is pretty incredible O.O

19. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

It was only due to the price increases from people buying GPUs for cryptocurrency mining, 970s are pretty much useless for mining so they stay somewhat cheap, however my old R9 390 is pretty good so I was able to get more for it than I did when I bought it new. Back then it was probably priced about the same if not a touch cheaper than a 970.

20. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, and I think this is also why the pricing of my rx 580 was more close to the gtx 1060's than the launch price... But anyways, it was still cheaper for the same perf level and a little bit more vram ^_^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice