Odd burning smell after going fast

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by thevidmaster, Jul 31, 2014.

1. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

Today I decided to push my little 4 cylinder to its lmits. My friend showed me this old road that had been paved but was never used, so I went there and put my foot down. It got up to about 85-86 mph before i started to run out of road, so i eased onto the brakes, then we smelled something, almost as if something was burning. I thought that I did something to the clutch, and my friend convinced me that it was just the brakes. the car has 46k miles on it and has never reached that high of a speed before. Does anybody know what it was? I never checked thought to check the engine temperature at the time.

2. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

just read the title...brakes.

- - - Updated - - -

And never reached over 80 mph?? where u live? I hit 90 on the daily lol (Long Island, NY here)

#2 SHOme1289, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  3. thevidmaster

thevidmaster
    Expand Collapse

south/north carolina border. lots of places to speed, but those roads house lots of places for cops to hide. Me being only 17 and having my license less than a year, i dont want to risk a ticket and/or causing my insurance to go up.

4. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

good choice lol (i use a very effective radar detector lol)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice