1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Odd Controller Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by btj7011, Mar 13, 2021.

1. btj7011

btj7011
    Expand Collapse

I have a problem, that's not a big deal really, but a curious problem nonetheless. I use an A-PAC controller interface board for an analog handbrake and button box i made. Link here Control Interfaces :: A-PAC :: A-PAC (ultimarc.com). This board is recognized as 2 separate controllers by windows (for player 1 and 2). Beamng also recognizes them as 2 separate controllers, however when binding a control it binds the same button on both controllers together. Pictures below might help clarify. Just wondering if there is a solution to make beamng bind the controls separately.

Attached Files:

• A-pac.png
    • 20210312170356_1.jpg
    • Bindings.jpg
  2. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

BeamNG assumes that multiple identical controllers are intended for multiseat. E.g. if you plug 4 xbox controllers, you don't need to re-map each one of them. Also it doesn't matter which order you plug the gamepads, or in which USB port, they all have the same bindings all the time, you never have to reconfigure them each time.

If you want to use an identical controller for different tasks, there's no current way to do it.
    If you control the USB stack on your side, your only option is to tweak the USB Device ID or Vendor ID values, so that they are different for each controller. BeamNG.drive will then recognize they are different devices, and allow you to set then up independently.

3. btj7011

btj7011
    Expand Collapse

Ah I see, makes sense. Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice