off road race vehicle: Ensenada Tormenta

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by crimsonskull, Feb 9, 2013.

1. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion for off road race vehicle: Ensenada Tormenta

i originally started this thread in the general discussion area but for some reason it got moved to community showroom.

2. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Re: General discussion for off road race vehicle: Ensenada Tormenta

Well yes because it's not your forum to talk about your cars, the general is for BeamNG not for the showing of cars you're making. Also you should keep the comments and feedback(if thats what you were doing) in one thread. I wouldn't mind, but now we got a bumped up thread.

3. D0ntstare

D0ntstare
    Expand Collapse

Umm, I do believe that infact the vast majority of countries would either call that a truck, or a utility vehicle, or somewhere within that vicinity depending on their spoken language. I am English I would distinguish it as a truck. As would my fiancee who is Austrian.

And dare I say, although a little offtopic... Your comments are all over the damn forum like a rash. :p You may wish to calm it down a tad. I have noticed a few people do it in the past, and someone will eventually get annoyed with you for it. I'm not personally complaining, its Just a heads up that's all :)

I am rather surprised the likes of 'Hati' Or some other prominent figure like him, that like to keep the forum in check with abrasive but valid messages have not already put their foot down on it. Seems they may have taken a break lol

#43 D0ntstare, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  4. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Ok.

This isn't part of the message.

5. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

I'm Canadian and I would call that a 'Trophy Truck'.

6. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

Posts got merged, and now its like "whoa"

7. TorGranstedt

TorGranstedt
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

That is f-ing awesome :D

8. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

HOOLLLYYY SSSHHHHIIITTTT
    bad news
    -my computer crashed and for some reason every single file on my computer decided to say go fuck yourself and left.
    i had to re-install my os and all of my shit like 3ds max and stuff.
    basically it means that 120 plus hours of work into a trophy truck just went through the pooper and now i have to start all over again.
    basically i got up to 150k poly's on the new cover which looked a lot like the chevrolet silverado trophy truck.
    all i needed were textures, materials, and animations. but thats all gone now and now i have to start from scratch again. (luckily i still have the drawings and blue prints)
    i guess ill start with the roll cage first and update on how things are going.
    this fucking sucks man.

- - - Updated - - -

but don't think i'm saying "fuck it i'm done" i'm still building this truck if it kills me.
    luckily i have designed everything on paper and resolved almost all of the problems so it shouldn't take me nearly as long as the first attempt.
    (probably 20 to 30 hours)
    wish me luck:)

9. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Man that sucks. 150k polys is way too much though... The body itself should probably be under or around 10k(my Cadillac is much less than that I think)

10. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

i like my cars to look surreal.
    i don't want to be able to see the poly's when i zoom into a curve or something like that.

11. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

You won't see the polygons if you spend 15k on the body, not even if you spend half of that... Honestly, trust me, I've been making cars for 7 years now, I'm not just making it up. Look at some pictures in my Cadillac thread, even when you zoom in pretty far I don't think there's any part of the bodywork where you can see the polygons. With all bodypanels that have paint on them selected, it has just over 6300 polygons... Including all the chrome detailing (trim and lights and such), 17.000. Including engine/chassis and interior, around 35.000... Even if it would be for the whole car, 150k would already be insanely much, let alone if it's just for a fiberglass bodyshell in which half of it's detailing is done solely with decals in the real world...

I can tell even from your WIP low-poly pictures that you could massively improve how you manage your polygons, and that's just with the low poly mesh you had there, let alone when you'd be using 150.000 of them...

EDIT@Below: I'm not trying to insult your work btw, just trying to give you some advise so you can improve, you know ;). It's always better to start as low poly as you can, and then add detail later on, as it's much easier to add polygons than to remove em(Once you've made something high poly it's hard to get yourself to make it lower poly...).

#51 Mythbuster, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  12. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

okay download.jpg
    your car looks cool btw.

13. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Also, high polygon counts bring a new performance concern in BeamNG not present in other games. The actual mapping of vertices to the physical skeleton is quite CPU intensive, so the less, the better.

14. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

what would the ideal polycount be.

- - - Updated - - -

wait a minute. skeleton?

- - - Updated - - -

also good news on the roll cage.
    it's almost done. i just have some "overlapping" issues to resolve.
    04 11 13.jpg

15. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

got some work done today sum more.jpg

16. Dennis-W

Dennis-W
    Expand Collapse

The tubes are way too fat and messy.

17. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

Thats what she said.:p

18. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

thank you for your criticism. now i can improve upon my design for the greater benefit of the community.
    about the tubing though, the truck is a tad bit smaller than the d15 (which is the size of a f150 or silverado) the tubing looks right to me. and don't worry i'll clean it up.

19. Miura

Miura
    Expand Collapse

He could have put the criticism in a nicer way, but he's right. The tubes look very thick to me too. What's the diameter?

20. crimsonskull

crimsonskull
    Expand Collapse

about 2 and 7/8 inch chromoly tubing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice