Official winter map

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Lare111, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Lare111

Lare111
    Expand Collapse

I created a Reddit thread to discuss this idea but I think it's a good idea to write it down here too.

BeamNG has support for ice, snow and freezing temperatures. But there isn't any official winter map where these could really be used. Winter tyres, both studded and studdles, could be a nice add-on too. It would be fun to get stuck in the snowy trails, slide on ice or experience cold starts. I know that there are winter map mods available but they are either too small or low quality.

I live in Finland and we have long and cold winters. Even in the cities roads are covered with snow and ice. And it gets worse when you drive to the countryside. Smaller roads can be really slippery or some roads aren't even plowed. I've got stuck several times and it's always a small adventure. Once me and my friend had to abandon my car in the middle of the night to find the nearest house with a tractor.

Here are two example pictures taken by me. The first one is a smaller trail which is actually pretty deceptive for a FWD vehicle. It's easy to get stuck. The second one is a bigger road covered with ice. And yes, it was slippery but somehow my studdles winter tyres found some traction.

IMG_20201227_201053.jpg

ed462266-aab0-4001-a972-60dc1430b76f.jpg

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. alexthecarguy1

alexthecarguy1
    Expand Collapse

i like your idea

• Like Like x 1
  3. PommesPanzer

PommesPanzer
    Expand Collapse

Would be great, but i think we have to wait for that until there is official weather, because the snow on snow maps is not very qualitative.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice