WIP Beta released Offroad Park progress

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Inertia, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Here are some photos of my new (and first) map. The map is designed as an offroad hotspot with winding hills, offroad trails, a hillclimb and possibly a small town. I don't have much experience with the world editor, but I seem to be muddling through. Many of the features of this map are subject to change, especially lower down the mountain on the flats. I plan on adding rivers, a bridge and more vegetation to create a more foresty terrain. I have been working on this map for a few weeks off and on (mostly off) and I have just decided to post pictures as I wasn't sure at the start if I was going to continue with the project. Unfortunately when I first created the terrain I didn't want to start with too large a terrain (something I now regret) and so the terrain is only 256x256. I am well aware that there are far better maps than this will ever be, but it will hopefully be the start of something greater in the future :)

progress1.PNG progress2.PNG progress3.PNG progress4.PNG progress5.PNG progress6.PNG progress7.PNG progress8.PNG progress9.PNG progress10.png progress11.png progress12.png

#1 Inertia, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Loafy

Loafy
    Expand Collapse

Right on! Start small :D

3. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

4. Deleted member 126452

Deleted member 126452
    Expand Collapse

Well it already looks pretty promising. My advice is to make it full of different stuff, so it will look even better than a big map with the same amount of tracks and woods.
    Also, this is way better if people have GTX750Ti's. :p

5. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

A small but also intense update; I have done some more work on the side of the hill, and have done a little bit of work on the start of a river that will cross the 4x4 trail. The road crosses over a drain which serves as a source of water without needing more space. I ended up deleting half the road and then figured out I need to add it back again so that should be fun lol. The house has a small and fairly smooth driveway leading down to a two car sized carport. Progress is slow but is getting better and faster. I plan on finishing most of the terrain and materials, then releasing a beta. After the beta is released I will add trees and small objects which are time consuming to add but not as crucial to the map.

progress13.PNG progress14.PNG progress15.PNG progress16.PNG progress17.PNG

6. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Progress is coming along fast! I have started work on the town, and have done a lot of smoothing around road edges and parts of the terrain. The main trail has been reworked, and the river is coming along well also. I managed to fix the groundcover, so the map now has grass. I am adding in a hillclimb on one side of the hill, as well as a set of jumps on the flat ground, with a large run-up area (pic 3). If progress is as fast as it has been lately, I plan on doing a beta release later today. ;)

progress18.PNG progress19.PNG progress20.PNG progress21.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  7. xXxdRAk3B0t77xXx

xXxdRAk3B0t77xXx
    Expand Collapse

Lookin Good! Can't wait to play - just a little pro tip -Work on the main stuff before buildings, little stuff first. I'd pay a little more attention to the terrain and roads than anything. Hope I helped!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I haven't been working on it for a while but I will try and get it close to a beta release today, no promises though :D

#8 Inertia, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  9. Mikedop

Mikedop
    Expand Collapse

Okay, this is amazing. You need to teach me how to add the roads, dirt roads with tracks, and how to add textures to the roads. I started a map (Darkoak, USA) and I need to know this stuff for future builds of my map :O

10. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

I looked at a few tutorials at the start but most has been playing around with the map tools. Open up gridmap in the world editor and see how you go, its actually fairly intuitive.
    --- Post updated ---
    More progress from yesterday and today, this map is getting very close to beta release!

progress22.PNG progress23.PNG progress24.PNG

11. Mikedop

Mikedop
    Expand Collapse

Can't wait!

12. xXxdRAk3B0t77xXx

xXxdRAk3B0t77xXx
    Expand Collapse

I really hope this turns out successful! It has a lot of work put into it!

13. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Well, I got a lot done today! I added a dirt track, smoothed tons of the map, tidied the hillclimb up, and a lot more. I am uploading the beta to the repository, I will add trees and finer details later, as I want to get this released now.

progress25.PNG progress26.PNG progress27.PNG progress28.PNG progress29.PNG progress30.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Well, it has been a while since I have posted on this thread. As I'm sure you're all aware the mod has been released, however I am doing a major overhaul to the roads and parts of the terrain. Mesh roads were not a good idea in the beginning, which is something I have learned the hard way. Below are a few pictures of the current progress, expect a release this week or next week, no promises however.

progress31.PNG progress34.PNG progress35.PNG

Attached Files:

• progress30.PNG
  15. dinosaur202

dinosaur202
    Expand Collapse

bridge has no texture

EDIT: Sorry for the bump

16. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

The whole map is kinda outdated, might look at updating sometime.

17. JetPoweredMacintosh™

JetPoweredMacintosh™
    Expand Collapse

(I am aware I'm bumping this) I could continue work on it, if you could give me a quick walk-through of the editor.

18. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Current version works fine AFAIK, thanks anyway

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice