Oil related failures

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Landie_Man, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Landie_Man

Landie_Man
    Expand Collapse

How about being able to

A) smash the sump so oil leaks everywhere

B) The engine cutting out as all the oil drains to the head and leaking out the rocker cover when the car is upside down

C) Starting intermittent and progressively louder knocks until big end failure after driving around with no oil (it doesn't take long)

2. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

All this is planned and is going to get implemented later in the development of the game. Hope this helps.

3. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

You have good ideas, and most of it is planned, but(as far as I know), BNG doesn't simulate fluids, so, although it would be cool, oils and other fluids leaking out of the car and onto the ground isn't possible right now.

4. xKryptx

xKryptx
    Expand Collapse

Imagine if this was possible, throwing a conrod or a piston whilst at high speeds and watching the fireworks unfold would be spectacular in bullet time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

5. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

So... I know a lot of guys that derby with motors from the 60's and 70's.... Lots of filters get crushed and/or stripped off in the derby, but the cars will still run for 10 minutes after anyway... There's this thing called oil treatment. Yeah, we're not in the stone age guys :p Trust me, oil treatment works. You could run your car for quite some time with the oil draining out if you've done that. And they generally only run for 10 minutes in a derby because the motors just get hot after that, oil or not. Many times guys will be able to start the motor back up once it cools after getting it too hot. even if the oil's drained out

6. Rizor.org

Rizor.org
    Expand Collapse

This wouln't be possible for a modern engine, The 60's to 70's engines didn't have as little tolerances as modern engines has, there are 3 important things that they keep in mind when they make a new modern engine;
    - Emissions
    - Power
    - Reliability

They make the engines more lightweight, lighter material, everything is much much tighter together, If you run a 2000> engine without oil, the rod will go straight out the block, and if it doesn't, theres no way that you're going to be able to start the car again without changing major components in your car.

7. TuSKoblenz

TuSKoblenz
    Expand Collapse

engine crashs would be nice

8. Landie_Man

Landie_Man
    Expand Collapse

Even on an older engine, its not likely it will start after its seized. No way, normally cause the crank shaft is in pieces.

9. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Yes... but there are cars from the 60's and 70's being brought into the game.

10. Rizor.org

Rizor.org
    Expand Collapse

It would still seize very fast, No oil in the engine means that theres no lubricant and that there is no type of cooling for the engine besides the coolant, which is not enough.. I understand what OP is saying and I'd love to have these features in the game, but the car wouln't start up after being seized from running completely dry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice