1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Older Version of BeamNG

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Radeon, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Radeon

Radeon
    Expand Collapse

Hello,

I want to ask if there is a possibility how can I downgrade my game to a older version? I really don't like the new version, it need more performance and the old menus was much easier.
    I know it was hard work but i'm sure, there are also other guys who like to old versions more. It would be nice if you could add it in Steam where we can change our game version to 'experimental' etc.

2. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

We can change version to experimental under the steam betas opt in...

As for performance. Nope. The game simply has more PostFX enabled by default than it did before, disable them and you will find it is actually far smoother.

3. Radeon

Radeon
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your answer.
    Yep, I know. And maybe they can add there old versions of the game. I already had removed the 'experimental' but there are still bugs after some time that all my menu's and buttons blocked. I have to quit the game with the task manager.
    Also the most of cars are just invisible, I don't want to convert them all. The old menus were easier and much smoother. I had already deactivated PostFX etc, I think it has a better performance right now, but the menus are still seems laggy.

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

This is exactly why I saved multiple versions of past builds. None the less, using older versions to make anything for the current build will get you
    nowhere because the current 0.3.7.6 build will go to 0.3.7.7 etc and never look back. The older versions are good for playing around with various
    things to pass the time but not much else.

I'm confident the current ills of 0.3.7.6 are being addressed and as I have found, learning the newer versions is unavoidable if I want to keep
    playing this game.

5. vnadgonde

vnadgonde
    Expand Collapse

Im new to this game and steam can you please explain me how to get older versions?

6. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Right click the game in your library, properties, betas, change the drop down, hit OK. done.

7. vnadgonde

vnadgonde
    Expand Collapse

it is asking for a code to get private beta versions

8. vnadgonde

vnadgonde
    Expand Collapse

oh wait it started sorry

9. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Maintenance wise, it would be insane to provide old versions, so until further notice we will not provide any other than the last DX9 version

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice