WIP Oldsfullsize mod WIP skins thread

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by SergentFido, Oct 7, 2016.

1. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Okay, this is the final stripe design. I really don't want to do anymore to them, as I feel like constant work on the stripes is holding the skin back. I think they look good enough, and I'm very satisfied with how they look, so thanks for all the suggestions. :D
    Final stripe design.PNG

BTW, here's a bizarre idea of mine.
    Crazy idea.PNG
    Please note that this was a byproduct of me messing around with the parts selection, and it wasn't saved, as I'd remake it later.
    Since I called the default version configuration American Glory, what should I call something like this?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Logank1109

Logank1109
    Expand Collapse

looks good! hmm.... I don't know...

3. qwerty9586

qwerty9586
    Expand Collapse

Man, 6 cars is where my machine decides to crap itself. Worth it for this screenshot.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00002.png
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Next version of the car will be a bit less intensive.Nice skins !

• Like Like x 2
  5. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Well, just started on the blue fading.
    Fade.PNG
    Also, still waiting for some ideas of what I should call my idea for a second configuration. Its name will be something like American XXXX, as the default config is called American Glory.

6. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

i think the effect of the shades could be better if you cross the shades. I mean red stripes could shade into the blue zone as well and not just be covered by blue. Also you B pillar should be white.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Logank1109

Logank1109
    Expand Collapse

how about American Madness? I think it sounds cool....

• Like Like x 1
  8. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I've made some changes. I used a red and white gradient to enhance the fading effect, and I've removed the blue fade underneath the doors, which made the B pillar look blue. Won't be too much longer now. After I finish with the fading, I'll move on to finalizing the layout of the 50 stars.
    1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG
    BTW, say hello to the American Madness, now saved as a pc file. A big thanks to Logank1109 for his suggestion of what to call it. I also liked the name, as I think it will sum up how insane this thing may be to drive. :cool:
    American Madness 1.PNG American Madness 2.PNG
    I'm going to do at least two more edits to the AM's pc file.
    Who should be the driver: The Stig? Or the Stiggy?
    The idea of the Stiggy driving the car makes me think of the song American Woman.

Should I add the electronic stability and traction control? How would this affect its performance?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Logank1109

Logank1109
    Expand Collapse

no problem bud. and idk.

• Like Like x 1
  10. qwerty9586

qwerty9586
    Expand Collapse

Started working on improving the police skins. Started with the California Highway Patrol and LAPD. This is gonna take a while to tackle all the other skins, but I like to tease. :)

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00004.png
    • screenshot_00006.png
    • screenshot_00008.png
  11. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Added primer to the rear passenger door, i also made the car a little more dirtier, so rust is going to be replaced by dirt in the scrapyard taxi.
    screenshot_00410.png screenshot_00411.png screenshot_00412.png

12. qwerty9586

qwerty9586
    Expand Collapse

Illinois State Police to complement Chicago Police. :)

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00009.png
    • screenshot_00010.png
    • screenshot_00011.png
    • Like Like x 3
  13. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Qwerty9586, as the unknow contributor that gave me the skin to make presets and alter them if needed, improve them, doesn't want his skins to be used anymore, i removed the screenshots from the post were i showed his pack.
    So i recommand you to make your own police pack with the cars of your choice, you don't need to cover so much police cars if you don't want to. I'm sorry about it, there were a misunderstanding about the fact the Oldsfullsize mod is a team work, so if something is given to me it's given to the team and tasks are shared from then for the further release.
    And this was even not a work about the mod itself, it was just a way to make all those police cars release possible.
    I don't have so much time availbable to manage the skins made by other people and have basically no knowledge about american police cars to tell what is accurate or not, so i let more confident people about it do the stuff better.
    From today, i will just look at the skins you make all of you but i won't give help no more on them. It's better that everybody see clearly if he/she wants to share something or not, then figure out to release it him/herself or not.

#53 SergentFido, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Just something that i thought of when i was staring at a 1/64 scale Tomica Cadillac Fleetwood Ambulance.
    screenshot_00415.png screenshot_00416.png screenshot_00417.png screenshot_00418.png

15. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Very nice skin.

It's a bit weird how the front fender deforms all the straights lines, i did a basic side projection of the fender on the 2nd Uvmap, and as the side is rounded in the X axis, it occurs in straight lines bending up.
    It could be nice to have this line bended down on the texture, so that it would look like its straight, what to you think ?

16. qwerty9586

qwerty9586
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I can see the deformation in the screenshot, but most of the time when a straightedge decal is applied it just goes across the wheel arches and body lines. You can see the body line under the decal on the front fender in this picture of a restored NYPD Caprice:

For the Chicago police car, some of the pictures I found of Impalas and Caprices do have the line bend along the car's curved belt line to accommodate the wheel arch, but for the Illinois State Police car, the line goes straight across like the NYPD car. I'm going to leave it as-is, but good eye catching that!

17. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

i agree, but the way it curves up is due to the technical choice i made to do a flat projection of the whole fender when doing the uv map, so the result is that a straight line will curve up instead of being straight as you would like it to be and as it was made on the real cars. So despite you made a perfect straight line on the overlaymap, to have it straight on the car as wished you'd need to cheat a bit by curving it down on the front fender. I give you just my opinion about what i'll do to correct that but it's in your end to make it or not indeed, this is not my skin.
    Not a big deal and nice skin as said before :)

18. Brown_Diplomat

Brown_Diplomat
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I added a few more stickers to the car and added the Ambulance number on the roof like some Emergency vehicles have.
    screenshot_00420.png screenshot_00421.png screenshot_00422.png
    --- Post updated ---
    Last one before i go.
    screenshot_00423.png screenshot_00424.png screenshot_00425.png
    Based off this:
    70e236a45ace1bf00f5fb69db29dfd61.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for the inactivity, I spent some time with some guests over the weekend. Now I'm back.

The skin is pretty much done. The final star layout is finished. I want to do at least one more configuration to go alongside the American Glory and American Madness. My idea of doing a third config is a lowrider.
    1.PNG 2.PNG
    3.PNG 4.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  20. qwerty9586

qwerty9586
    Expand Collapse

1. Where'd you get the Ford LTD?
    2. That RCMP skin looks decent. Have you considered using the lasso tool to draw a shape around the doors, then fill with white paint instead of going at it with a brush?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice