One Year!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by MrCin, Feb 28, 2019.

1. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

It's been an awesome year on the forums. I will celebrate with a story on how I "met" BeamNG.

So I started watching some YouTube videos and I came across a few crash/fail compilations.
    I thought "Wow, this game is pretty cool. I WANT IT."
    Apparently, we needed a new graphics card to be able to actually run BeamNG. Luckily it was Christmas soon and not very long after that a GTX 980 (I think) was installed into my dad's PC.
    I finally was able to hook up the game and I was pretty excited. I remember the first thing I ever did was try to go over the loop-the-loop in Gridmap with the default truck. Needless to say, it didn't work.
    Then the sound update came out two years after I started. I saw WhyBeAre's video and I was excited to try it out. It was the first time I actually tried using the manual shifting mode.
    2018 rolled along and the next morning after coming home from our trip to Poland I woke up to a pleasant surprise. There was a Logitech G920 under our Christmas tree.
    After Church (it was Sunday) me and my dad screwed around (literally, we had to mount it to the desk somehow) with the wheel to actually get it working properly.
    Somewhere in June 2018 my dad's office was moved to the newly finished basement. My grandfather built most of it and my dad did the electronics. I was able to move into my new room (my dad's ex-office).
    Not very long after that, a wheel stand came and soon enough, we got the wheel and pedals secured to it. No more pedals sliding around!
    On my birthday, I got a shifter for the G920. We set it up and I tried to drive with it. I'm still teaching myself.

2. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

Such a nice 1 year :D , mine's still next aggust , btw nice rig
    Do you had YT chanel?
    Know that you have such powerful rig(unlike my stupid HD3000) and plentiful of equipments
    Its a good oppotunity
    Btw my story:
    I forget when I know BNG , i know bng when i watch some stupid car crash and i saw ones, then i watch and search the game but im not really inerested, and i assume my laptop unable to run it(that time i still use a arrandale i3 asus)
    Long story short, my family brought second hand acer aspire E14(if im not wrong. Specs i3 4005u 1.7ghz dual core,w/ HD4400)around 2017s,
    When i read the update that you can export AM cars to BNG i really excited so i decided to get the game runs fairly well ,then in agust i decided to make an account so i can share my creations, again long story little bit shorten, caused by family economy chrisis its sold
    -and now i use my uncle's laptop (specs : i3 2330m,hd3000,4gb ram)
    I decided to re-download stuffs again
    Is was capable to run Automation in very fuccing low grapic maxed out at 20fps,but beam is very laggy and i decided to remove it.till now
    And now i got plans to get some more powerfull parts, using my own savings
    And sell and reuse my dead older computer parts(its fairly slow(amd a6 3500 secoured from ex-school computers) and its mobo was damaged+FM1 mobos are fairly rare here and kinda expensive, still not worth to fix this one)
    Im planing to create a automotive,computers,and little bit of gaming yt chanel(and watch tutorials to make profisional looking videos)

Hopes this can inspire you :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrCin

MrCin
    Expand Collapse

I don't have a channel yet
    --- Post updated ---
    But I want one :D
    --- Post updated ---
    Edit: I accidentally put my message in the quote, look at the bottom 9f it

4. cob4lt974

cob4lt974
    Expand Collapse

The message, your dad is right, he actualy trying protect you,
    You dont need to send me stuffs, just take care of what you curretly have :D Thanks btw

And i already had list of pats i gonna buy:
    I5 3470s, an asus mobo(definitley lga 1155) ,GTX 750 1gb(non ti)
    Rest of it came from my older pc
    Both used parts

#4 cob4lt974, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

Back in 2014, I saw @Insanegaz 's stairway to hell video, I was fascinated by the game, soon purchased it after 0.3.8.3. On our family potato computer
    Me and my brother loved watching xeoms videos, It wasnt until I recently realized she passed in a car crash. i got my account in april 2017, I got a gameing PC in January of this year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice