Online Leaderboard for Scenarios?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Acrain7, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

So i was browsing the beamng screenshots on steam and saw someone get a good time on a certain scenario (can't remember now) and thought, hey, wouldn't it be cool if we had a sort of leaderboard ingame that is live and corrisponds to every other beamng instance, so an actual live leaderboard used for scores and times in scenarios that have them?

not much else to say, just a thought :)

-A7

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I would like to say that this has been planned, but I have no idea if such is so, however I'm quite certain I have brought it up sometime before already and if such feature is not planned, I don't know what other reason would verifying mods to serve?

They did introduce this mod validation check quite some time ago, which makes zip files of mods tamper proof in a way. Leaderboards would be easy logical explanation for that.

Also leaderboards would add a lot to game and would be relatively low amount of work to implement.

Of course they want to do things right and probably they have already planned some awesomeness to it which we can't even dream of right now, these developers have such habit.

One great thing about LFS is LFS world, where all times are kept, that kind of leaderboard system would be really good, but who knows, maybe there is even something that could be better? I'm quite sure ingame browsing of times might be something our devs have at least thought about.

It is always good for a game to have a goal to be competitive about and such leaderboards would provide that.

What devs probably want is to have it to work with current and future mods without rewriting the thing all the time, so probably that will come when they have things more stable state.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice