Parent imported DAE to vehicle in World Editor

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by ffzero58, Aug 16, 2019.

1. ffzero58

ffzero58
    Expand Collapse

I may have asked this last year but now with .16 out, maybe this is somewhat possible?

My hope is to import a DAE file into the world editor and "parent" it to the vehicle. I know I can do this by editing the jbeam but I'd like to preserve the animations that come with the DAE file I imported. Anyway I can do this today?

2. ChibbiNation

ChibbiNation
    Expand Collapse

Oh, hey, i was typing this long answer without realizing we had already talked about it in the Drivers & Loads thread, hahaha. Hope that what we've been trying to accomplish gets easier with the new World Editor 2.

3. ffzero58

ffzero58
    Expand Collapse

Nice, I just found about it here https://www.beamng.com/threads/world-editor-2-0.61035/

I asked if this may be something possible in the next iteration of the World Editor. I don't mind if it does not have crash physics on the attached objects but just to see it in game would be plenty.

4. ChibbiNation

ChibbiNation
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I know almost everyone is into Beamng for its car physics, but my main interest in it is as a landscape generator where I can import files and build my own cities in it, which I can then additionally drive on, as a nice bonus. I do hope they give us more import options in the future, and your suggestion of being able to attach an imported model with animations into a car, would be everything I was trying to do with the good old stig mod.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice