WIP PenguinvilleNG

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by donoteat, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donoteat

donoteat
    Expand Collapse

Fiddling around with decals. Trying to replicate the Philadelphia Mural Arts program...

View attachment 271 View attachment 272 View attachment 273

Hoping we get some kind of Ford Econoline-like van so I can paint it like in Signifier & Signified and then park it in front of the mural...

To all with the texture issues: I've fixed them, and hopefully the next release will be free of them.

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

This is very much planned :)

3. donoteat

donoteat
    Expand Collapse

4. juju

juju
    Expand Collapse

good work donoteat!

5. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

Are you planning a skate park of any sort? This map is looking amazing, I find Cry engine alone can make something look much better than what we can even come close to achieving what Ogre does.

Possibly an airport too? And a parking garage that'd be great to race in if there isn't one already.

6. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

What about a huge pile of dirt? It's how they do it in GTA usually... Or a partially collapsed wooden pier(with the collapsed part in the center(though it would be kinda weird to have it that high...)...

Um... What about some harbor building with a fancy modern arty roof? That's always a great way to hide ramps in games. You know, one of those roofs that just screams "Look at me I'm an architect and I want to be fancy"...

Or what is left of an old bridge that collapsed? Just some cracks in the bit where it's curved like it collapsed there, put some broken concrete pieces underwater behind it and voila, you got yourself a ramp that isn't a ramp.

It looks amazing, by the way :D As mentioned above: A skatepark would be really cool, if you just slightly over-size it and place the ramps not completely realisticly, we should be able to use cars on the ramps as well. An airport would also be amazing, especially if planes and helicopters are planned. Would be a lot harder to make than a skatepark though, since they take up so much space... They're also a great place to put some ramps, the GTA airports would be a great example for that I suppose.

Can't wait till we get to try out maps like this with the new physics engine! :)

7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to choose where your car spawns? I don't think all the buildings can be hollow to drive to the roof.

8. Venomox

Venomox
    Expand Collapse

Wow DNE, you have PLENTY of free time ;D
    You seriously need to be a part of the BeamNG team for urban map creation

9. BigBoy

BigBoy
    Expand Collapse

I hope you plan to add railroad tracks (that can be used, not like on that bridge...) and maybe even trolley/interurban lines, that would be amazing. sputnik_1 and me will try to get the railroad system working in beamNG of course :)

10. MoJoe

MoJoe
    Expand Collapse

The police station reminded me of San Andreas for some reason... Loving the maps look and style so far.

11. Superman

Superman
    Expand Collapse

That map looks pretty big. I can't wait to try it but my it'll take forever to download on my internet :(

12. DukSezQuak

DukSezQuak
    Expand Collapse

So far this city is looking quite upper-class. Will there be a ghetto/shanty town on the outskirts?

13. WhiteDeath

WhiteDeath
    Expand Collapse

+100000000 for the school name,really looking foreward to breeding my little army of Brezhnevs and Lenins and whatnot.

#73 WhiteDeath, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  14. MindEraser

MindEraser
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely beautiful, I love it. I particularly liked the Hummer atop the skyscraper. Rest assured it wasn't there for long :D

However, I'm running into an issue with some textures. Most show up fine, however many simply show up red, screaming "REPLACE MEEE". I extracted the contents of the folder into the "game" folder within my CryEngine 3 installation, and loaded it using the editor as instructed. Am I doing something wrong here?

It's a great map nevertheless. Can't wait to see further progress on it :)

15. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

Check out this post, made it work for me. http://www.beamng.com/threads/5-PenguinvilleNG?p=397&viewfull=1#post397

16. MindEraser

MindEraser
    Expand Collapse

17. donoteat

donoteat
    Expand Collapse

Parking garage will happen, skate park I guess wouldn't be too hard. Airport? Absolutely no room right now, unfortunately. I don't think that will happen.

Right now I just have the default railroad tracks on the map which kind of suck, but I've planned a whole railway loop through the city which will presumably later include spurs to warehouses and so forth. I'll replace them once there is something to replace them with :p

Also, hoping these screenshots will satisfy Duk...

View attachment 291 View attachment 292 View attachment 293 View attachment 294

If anyone can come up with terrible/shady businesses with terrible names, that would be pretty great.

#77 donoteat, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  18. SeaDooSnipe

SeaDooSnipe
    Expand Collapse

Back Alley Cuts!
    Premium haircuts, for cheap!
    Call at 1-800-528-RAPE
    *put in fine print* We do not cover you if you have a baby in 9 months of your last haircut, or if you have bleeding from your inner leg area.

#78 SeaDooSnipe, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  19. MindEraser

MindEraser
    Expand Collapse

Clef-Hanger Music Store - friendly staff. Our prices can't be beat. When you see our bargains, you'll be unable to breve!
    Gavril Cadabra - 2006 "Second-Hand Gavril Dealer of the Year" runner-up! Come along and have your photo taken with our mascot, "Gavril Lavigne"!
    The Magic Serial Bus - computer repair. 99 problems but a glitch ain't one!
    Crazy Twain - Penguinville's largest bookstore. Come in and make yourself a tome!
    Focus Pocus - semi-professional photography. Only $50 per photo!

20. Kookas

Kookas
    Expand Collapse

Should look pretty good with parallax mapping. How big is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice