1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

Pickup Crawler and Prerunner - The modular Multi-Tool of the Desert

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by ferrettank, Jun 22, 2020.

1. lucas araujo

lucas araujo
    Expand Collapse

Will you use TTB axles? 4x4 and 4x2?

2. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

we already have that in ar162b's mod, so it will probably be independent. plus, most prerunners/trophy trucks have independent suspension.

3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

4. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

Will it be a prerunner or a trophy truck

5. DaddelZeit

DaddelZeit
    Expand Collapse

So you're asking if the Pickup Prerunner is going to be a Prerunner or a trophy truck?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. IAchievedBacon

IAchievedBacon
    Expand Collapse

It could be either one with the TTB axles @AR162B made for his D-Series mod. But for base game it would be Prerunner.

7. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

prerunners have nice seats, a generally nice interior, less power, and are heavier. race trucks are much more advanced, they have no nice interior, no doors, and are alot more powerful. prerunners are practical and sane, trophy trucks are extreme and can only be used as race trucks.

8. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

Pre-runner is a very open term, and often used by some people when talking about things like Class 8 racing trucks, which are essentially the predecessor to trophy trucks, with the big difference being that they ran stock chassis rails.

Trophy trucks weren't really mainstream back in the D-Series era, and a TT D-Series would 100% be a separate car.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  9. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

IDK I like how it drives, oversteer is only a problem with bad throttle control, I presume it'd be easier with a manual transmission... Also laughs in dd1 and sadly only vr setup

10. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

@ferrettank What sorta engine are you going to be running in this vehicle? thats something we are thinking over is it going to be a standard 5.5L Gavril V8 or is it going to be something more special?

11. RadeS

RadeS
    Expand Collapse

He said same engines as D series

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

Yeah I just spotted it and thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

is it in the game yet?

14. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

So yeah partly.

15. Pippy.drive14

Pippy.drive14
    Expand Collapse

I want to yeet it through the sky like a missile. Will the suspension be better for jumps that what the d series already has in game?
    --- Post updated ---
    In a barn? I thought they just did it in the mud

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. CarCrasher283

CarCrasher283
    Expand Collapse

This looks awesome. Just when I think the D-Series is done getting parts and configs, here we are!

• Like Like x 1
  17. JZStudios

JZStudios
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure about the Bajarama setup, but the All-terrain variant had a tire pressure of like 11psi, when it should be more like 30 so the rims don't strike the ground. It also makes it spin slightly less.
    So is there any indication this will handle better than the LKS?
    Ehh. I took it to the test grid and tried to slalom through the pillars of the outer track at ~60mph. It shouldn't be hard for that truck to do, yet it consistently spun. Off the line or mashing the throttle having torque steer, sure. But a constant speed with a slight steering input shouldn't spin it. And that was after doing tuning to the best of my ability.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TrackpadUser

TrackpadUser
    Expand Collapse

I've made a few changes to it for fun, and the main issue seems to be that it has too much anti-squat, keeping the rear from truly planting itself down. That's part of why I feel the Trackfab buggy is much easier to drive, even though it has a similar power to weight ratio.

But as he says, there are people in the team who are more knowledgeable than him when it comes to more advanced suspension stuff, so I'm pretty sure it's going to be much better than the LKS. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trophy

Trophy
    Expand Collapse

its not that easy to drive for me, it doesn't go in a straight line. even though it has awd, it still oversteers every time i give it throttle. The only problem with the prerunner is that when you go sideways, you roll. other than that it drives well. ar162b's ttb suspension is uncontrollable. its either that or the rest of my setup, the race suspension is slow, and it oversteers all the time. the best handling of these three is the lks prerunner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ferrettank

ferrettank
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Thank you for all the compliments! :D

It's a prerunner.
    Generally pre runners are more comfortable and not a full race vehicle but they still have long travel to make it across the whole course and a cage encase you mess up. Trophy trucks are pretty much a completely custom vehicle from the ground up. Not a stock piece on it. Unless you want to say that it's a Chevy because they mostly have LS engines haha.

But this one has original frame rails, just hacked off in the rear for the travel.

It won't have twin I beam at least for right now, mayyybeee in the future it's a possibility but I wouldn't get your hopes up :p.

It's not Uni body, it is still a body over frame :)
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, CLASS 1 PIGEON!
    Ah yeah it will contain all the original truck and transmission options
    Twin I beam kinda sucks with handling. This one is double wishbone so it should be way better :D
    Nothing special, it will have the same engines as the original pickup, but the original pick up motor is super fast! :D
    Yes, you will be able to partake in the yeeting as if it is a sky missile. But it can only be Yoted so many times.

This one has double wishbone suspension, so it should handle a lot better :D! Also it will have triple bypass shocks like the hopper.

• Like Like x 14
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice