Pickup flatbed request

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Jackets64, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone thought about making a flatbed for the d series with the new really long frame normally used for the crew cab long bed? Something like this would be really cool.
    (This except with a 2 door cab and a really long flatbed with a way to drive cars on etc.)
    cm-truck-beds-er-model-pickup-flatbed.jpg

#1 Jackets64, Dec 17, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  2. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

it would be nice, but i believe the h-series is a better platform for that (and it has one)

3. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

This is true, but I think it would be nice to have a more utility-based and modern long flatbed for the D-Series. Something similar to @AR162B 's old D-Series mod would be great.

Attached Files:

• beangfaltbedpickupar.png
    • Like Like x 1
  4. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I doubt it'd be that hard to rip the back from a H45 Flatbed and chuck it onto an extended frame D-35/45

5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Personally I've only seen a van based ramp truck/rollback tow truck once, medium/heavy duty pickups are very common platforms for them from my experience. Even ambulances I see tend to be based on Ford Superduty trucks rather than vans.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice