WIP Beta released Pine hills

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by Average Person, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Car_Killer

Car_Killer
    Expand Collapse
    QA / Mod Support
    BeamNG Team

Still doesn't work. No terrain and many files.

2. DBeee

DBeee
    Expand Collapse

Still not working? :)

3. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

-Update-
    Download moved to thread no need for this one.

#23 Average Person, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  4. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

My issue wasn't the map itself, just the file. Maybe the size?

Also, you can try Mega.co if you dont want no bullshit.

Apparently "levels/terrain.ter", "levels/Pine_hills/art/shapes/misc/concrete_road_barrier_a.dae", and "levels/Pine_hills/art/shapes/trees/trees_douglasfir/tree_douglasfir_large_c.dae" are missing and sending my game into a permanent error message loop whenever i try to load the map

5. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

I can confirm these files are not missing on my end.

6. kaotik_inc

kaotik_inc
    Expand Collapse

All this plus a forest file missing for me, & then crashes the game without loading anything..... Never had this problem before when downloading any mod from here. Maybe try to repackage the zip, or send it to someone else to upload instead? May be a glitch on your end with the connection while uploading. Just a thought.

7. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

This is why I never have released a map before.

8. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

I had a look at this and no offense but this thing is ALL messed up. I spent over an hour attempting to repair it and gave up. That being said
    I suggest you start all over. We all do it. There are entire folders of art missing, wrong filepaths, and many others.

I know you've been struggling mightily with this but you need to just start over and leave things alone, do not move or delete ANYTHING. Focus
    on re-naming materials files ONLY and go from there. Rest assured and plan on the fact you will likely have to start all over many times until you
    absorb this and make it stick. Start with GridMap and quit farting around with ECUSA. Keep it simple and get confident first in the very basics!

9. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

-Update-
    Download moved to thread

#29 Average Person, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  10. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

No need to apologize what so ever. Sounds like you found the majority of things missing. Like I've said many times, making maps or vehicles for a
    program in flux can be an amazing exercise in frustration but persistence and patience usually pays off.

11. VWlove38

VWlove38
    Expand Collapse

I have downloaded your latest fix and after a few missing objects alerts I loaded the map and this is what I'm seeing:
    screenshot_00078.png
    I'm guessing that some trees are not meant to be red and the grass supposed to be black

12. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Ok I found out what was wrong and I realized I don't check things before I release them.
    Turns out all the art files where missing, I apologize for not realizing this.
    This should work now that I have, fixed file locations, Working .mis and .cs files
    and all the art files.
    Im sorry if it's getting annyoing that I have to keep reuploading, if this does not work from now on I will just update the download in the thread.
    good atleast the map loads, just got to fix the texture bugs, again I will just change the thread download it's self.
    Also could you press ~ and take a screenshot of the log.

13. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Looks like tree LOD's and terrain materials are missing. Make sure the terrain materials are located in the terrains folder. They weren't previously.

14. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

I put the new download in thread as I said I would to prevent me from spaming thread.

15. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Nope. Even after clearing cache nothing loads to me. Does it matters that i am using an AMD?

16. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

weird
    It might be the fact that you have amd but I very much doubt it, where exactly did you install file to?s
    Make sure you uninstalled all previous versions.

17. Average Person

Average Person
    Expand Collapse

Im gonna get back to work on getting this map to work so it would be great if someone could help me with making sure it works.

18. DBeee

DBeee
    Expand Collapse

I'm also on AMD and it does load... just. Just try and be patient, even on my SSD it still take around 3-5 mins to load, and be prepared to press the return key blindly. One thing though, even if it does load, the missing textures make it difficult to play.

19. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

Black grass is caused by a wrong path for the grass .dds files in your TERRAINS folder and materials.cs file for the terrain (in that folder).
    Trees with no texture is due to the materials.cs or tree brushes not being able to find the right texture in the groundcover or forest directories depending on how your map is set up. It found the model but not the texture.
    Find the offending tree model's .dae and find the nearby .cs file naming the textures, chances are it's still looking in East Coast or whatever-map-it's from, from an unchanged .cs file.

20. Z2000

Z2000
    Expand Collapse

Nice map, but can you make the town not seem abandoned please? I would like it better if the town looked like it was still... you know what I mean.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice