1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Playing Online Sometime?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zock_Dude, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Zock_Dude

Zock_Dude
    Expand Collapse

I know it is for a game like Beam NG a difficult thing to do but it is not the first time that Games where you can install mods have an online mode. There could be offical Servers where only Original content works and private or custom servers where you need to install the mods or maps or any other kind of content to join. A similar example is garrys mod or Farming Simulator. I would like to duscuss about it because Beam NG would be the best car game on market with an online mode

2. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

Search button triggered

• Like Like x 2
  3. KKG Clan

KKG Clan
    Expand Collapse

I think some people are working on a beamng multiplayer mod I think it is @chris_lucas I'm not very sure but there is some work going on

4. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

While I too would wanna have multiplayer on this (who doesn't eh ?), it is going to be monumental task to get it working properly, if not impossible. My PC is in the higher middle class specs and even I can't run more than 6 cars at the same time, fps sometimes going as low as 20, so it's hardly playable. Putting that into online multiplayer would sank the performance even more, so it would be impossible to run multiplayer no more than with 2-4 players at that point. Unless devs can make magic with the game's engine to make it run significantly lighter, I can't see, that the online multiplayer would work.

5. KKG Clan

KKG Clan
    Expand Collapse

Well that's a point there. I have got an entry level gaming desktop and on ssrb on normal settings I can only spawn 3 cars, so optimization is going to be a big deal

6. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

couldn't all the calculations be done server/host side? then have the results be sent to the clients?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

Insanely powerful servers needed.

8. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

Just CPU power though.

9. B727ClassicFlyer

B727ClassicFlyer
    Expand Collapse

Search button, mate. Multiplayer has been suggested multiple times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

Propably you need at least i5, and it's not that hard for server PC, since it only needs to calculate player positions, synch the data and send that data to other people, where the game then process that information into action. Servers are not processing any image, only backround information. Trouble is the ping in the internet connection, that might cause some issues on the user end, since the game relies on heavy frame updating on damage engine and thus, needs to do that very quickly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice