WIP Pobcot Island

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by jdbensch, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

I think that this is an amazing start to a good map that has the potential to be a great map.Although, you need to be cautious when making your decal roads. I can see some odd jerks in the road where it would be a circle but it isn't quite a circle. I don't know if you get what I mean. You should turn on the improved spline every time, and try to make the turns as subtle as possible to avoid a squarish looking road.

2. jdbensch

jdbensch
    Expand Collapse

I'm not even close to the stage of making things look pretty right now, but I don't know if I will add stuff like that or not in the future. We'll see.
    --- Post updated ---
    Those pictures were a very rough WIP, I will improve the roads soon, in fact, I have some newer pictures where they're better.
    --- Post updated ---
    Some new WIP pictures of the offramp/exit area. Smoother roads and a bridge. I also lowered the height of the bridge because it was ridiculous-looking. I have no idea what this exit will lead to, probably a little town with a few houses, shops, and a gas station.

Attached Files:

• 20170531115950_1.jpg
    • 20170531115955_1.jpg
    • 20170531120004_1.jpg
    • 20170531120056_1.jpg
    • 20170531120104_1.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jdbensch

jdbensch
    Expand Collapse

Still haven't forgotten about this map, I've been working on some new trails. Pictures to come soon!

4. jdbensch

jdbensch
    Expand Collapse

Do you guys like towns?

Attached Files:

• 20170726133405_1.jpg
    • 20170726133414_1.jpg
  5. jdbensch

jdbensch
    Expand Collapse

This map isn't dead, but I've been super busy and only work on the map when I get some time. I don't know when it'll be finished, but I did send out a beta a few weeks ago so hopefully those people enjoyed the map as it is right now. Just wanted to post an update.

6. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

You're one of the few people on here I know of that can actually build a proper freeway with on/off ramps that look like an intelligent human built them. What a shocker that is to see.
    We'll have to get rid of that 1960's color-television grass color and fix this up nice.

7. jdbensch

jdbensch
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, that means a lot coming from you, your highways are spectacular. Hopefully I'll get some time to work on the map eventually.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. jdbensch

jdbensch
    Expand Collapse

This map is not necessarily dead, however I rarely get any time to work on it. I'm considering creating a smaller map in the future (so I could actually fill it), but I'm not sure. I'll keep you guys posted.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice