1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Poll and SBR4 both gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Again_Dejavu, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

I'm not complaining since I didn't like it, but it's still interesting that it's just gone. Thoughts?

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

There's only a certain amount of blatant insults I can take before it's best to just delete the threads and forget it happened. Every post in the poll thread was calling the SBR4 hideous, terrible, stupid, etc. including a picture of someone dropping it into a trash can. Really? You realize there's a person on the other end of the abuse you're hurling, right? That's my reward for trying to do something different. From now on, I'll just stick to copying real cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

D:
    I love all the other vehicles, and I'm certain everyone else here agrees that they're fantastic. One dud doesn't invalidate all your other designs.

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

See, there we go again. You're saying it's a dud as if that's some proven fact. It's an opinion. One that everyone here has made sure to express as rudely as possible, too. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Shit man. Didn't mean to insult you like that.

6. AMG V12

AMG V12
    Expand Collapse

While I completely understand how you must feel, if I remember correctly the SBR4 was leading the poll. Clearly a lot of members liked it (including me) so please don't abandon it as a lot of people will be dissapointed! I personally love the Hirochi because it seems like a mix of a 911 turbo and a r35 gtr - a pretty cool combo!

7. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I didn't know you would take mine and others words so seriously. D:

We all have personal taste and several others were actually liking it. Hell, there were about 10 people who said they disliked it, but over 50 votes in the poll. Which number is the biggest? ;)

8. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Apparently the incredibly vocal minority is bigger.

9. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

The pigeon was also almost completely made by you alone, with the front belt drive an all and people like it, don't they?

I didn't actually have anything against the sbr4 directly, but it is just my honest opinions that modern fast cars don't appeal to me.

I guess i didn't expect you to take other people's (perhaps mine as well) words this serious, about any game developer would ignore all that and go on his own way.
    hell i should stop talking now.

10. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I think what should be bigger is that poll number. If you want to do it and over 50 others agree with you, then go for it! People can't like everything one does. :)

11. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Other game developers aren't this hands-on with the community or personal with their work.

• Like Like x 1
  12. destroyer8769

destroyer8769
    Expand Collapse

That and the 98 pessima was what i was looking forward to most, I love the design, it was different, it was special, it had a certain character, like a Ferrari ff, gtr r35 and a 911 had a threesome and this was the result. it would have been beamng's new supercar. Please bring it back, sure there are people that'll hate it, but at least its not a carbon copy of something like gta would do. It was showing potential, and iI was looking forward to it being in-game ever since it was teased around the time of the sunburst.

So please gabe, bring her back :D me and the many others who voted for it want to see it become a reality.

Love you gabe <3

• Like Like x 1
  13. ioannaoi

ioannaoi
    Expand Collapse

Dammit I really wanted to see the SBR4 in game, oh well just hope the mirmar will come soon. But the threads were turning into flame wars.

14. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

I wonder. Is it possible to create a closed thread for voting the next vehicle? That way you could avoid biased opinions and negative feedback, yet still see what users want.

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Its always been the rule that those who think negatively on a subject will express it, those who think positively on a subject will carry on.

The SBR4 debate. I was more interested in certain people not understanding that its a 2 door shooting brake not a 4 door wagon. Design is unique shall we say, it has no real world analogue, but while it wasnt the vehicle I was looking forward to the most, I was still looking forward to its addition in this game.

16. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

I thought the SBR4 was a mad car :/

great job guys, you done fucked up

17. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Agreed, posting an opinion is one thing but doing it 1000 times and telling people not to vote for it is another. It was leading the poll clearly someone liked it. The same person repeating thier opinion over and over doesnt mean shit.

SBR4 looked like a really intesting and different car.

Edit: And may I just add that the design is perfectly feasable in the real world, as I did in the thread I can list a bunch of cars with such a design, although it is a relatively new design concept.

#17 VeyronEB, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  18. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

The people who were bashing the SBR4 weren't bashing it for a bad design, Gabe. They most certainly weren't trying to insult your creativity and design skills (which are absolutely fantastic by the way...) they were bashing the SBR4 because they were trying to, for lack of a better word, insult the members voting for the SBR4 simply because the car they wanted wasn't winning the poll. The SBR4 was tied with the Burnside Special and both were in the lead by quite the fair margin, which I can safely assume means the majority of the community loved the car and wanted it in the game. Getting rid of it all together is a bit silly if you ask me. Don't let the vocal minority get you down, the community obviously wants this car and you most certainly have the ability to deliver a fantastic car.

19. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I think those that voted spoke for themselves really. It was pretty much neck and neck as the poll leader.

20. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

I liked the look of the SBR4. It was quirky and a tad weird looking but in a good way, it was far from generic. It was a bit like a Porsche Panamera to me, which similarly is an eye catcher but I don't think it's ugly like most do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice