1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Poll and SBR4 both gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Again_Dejavu, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

Wow, really? Why were people 'scared to vote for it', did they expect to get a punch through the screen? I mean wtf, really? Personally I voted for the Burnside. If anyone told me not to, they could go **** themselves. Really. Anyway, the SBR4 is not my favourite car but I am still excited for it and I would love to try it. After all, it is a high-performance car and it would be the fastest in BeamNG. So gabe please ignore all these dumb haters. Just put the car back on the to-do list please! It is cool, really. But I think I wouldn't vote it though. Just because I would like to have the other cars first :) But any new official car in BeamNG is welcome. I cannot WAIT for the 200BX and the Roamer. If the SBR4 would win over the Burnside, I'd be a little bit disappointed. But as soon as we get progress screenies I'd still be interested and pumped for it. I'd know, the Burnside would come some time eventually. If your favourite car doesn't win in a poll, it doesn't mean it will NEVER be made. Have patience and stop crying... < Speaking in general, not speaking to anyone in particular here!

2. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The poll was made to gauge public interest and sway the decision, not a definitive race to absolutely determine what car goes in the game next. In the future, I'll just lock the thread for posting...

3. clayton8or

clayton8or
    Expand Collapse

Well I think you should sway twards the SBR4. Very nice car and would be a great variety in the game :) as you said look at the votes not the haters.

4. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

So here's the question. Are you going to put the poll back up (please?)?

And if you do have it locked, you should do what someone did in the other poll thread and put the photos up, or links to the topics.

5. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for putting it back up Gabe! We all love the amazing work that you do. :eek:

6. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

7. n0ah1897

n0ah1897
    Expand Collapse

8. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

The poll is closed... is this because the thread itself is closed? If nobody can vote, then the SBR4 technically wins :)

9. Dc5R

Dc5R
    Expand Collapse

SBR4 for the win ?

10. Zappymouse

Zappymouse
    Expand Collapse

Why are you so pleased?

(imported from here)

11. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

12. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

13. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

Good to see that the forums are imploding yet again.

Hells bells.

14. Atomix

Atomix
    Expand Collapse

What engine is the SBR4 even gonna have?

Cars like these mostly don't have too much engine options, a biturbo V8 would make sense to me.

15. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

I'd actually like to see it have a Wankel engine. Shy away from the norm and think with triangles.

16. Яeverse Bass

Яeverse Bass
    Expand Collapse

Well, two points.

1.) Gabester seems to take it way too personally rather fast. I know it will hurt when people can't appreciate your efforts and talents, but that is not a good reason to abort what you're doing. You just have to overcome yourself and stop listening to non-constructive criticism. Ok, a lot of people didn't like your car, so what? Do you know how many bashed something like the F50? Did it stop the company Ferrari from producing it? I don't think so, and you should just show a metaphorical middle finger to everyone in your way trying to hate on you. Not that you shouldn't take any feedback from the community though. It is vital to learn what you should listen to and what not.

2.) The car doesn't look visually appealing to me (quite the opposite actually), but so do a lot of cars in real life as well. You surely seen the Fiat Multipla, which is certainly one of the most atrocious designs in the history of vehicles. Just so you know, your creation looks way better than that abomination with four wheels on it that calls itself 'a car'. And to throw a bit of cynism in there: I would actually like to see the SBR4 in-game solely for the reason of destroying it.

Disclaimer: Don't take it literally. Just throw your whole salt shaker on it. Whatever you do, do not get salty! :cool:

17. argilla11

argilla11
    Expand Collapse

Who gives a shit how it looks? All it needs are some minimal tweaks and it would look just fine.

18. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Okay so I made the Chuck Norris comment out of jest and sarcasm along with my real and unmitigated opinion of the SBR. If those were offensive
    to the author then I will gladly apologize even if a personal judgment on the artistic merits of the vehicle were NEVER my intent. Gabe's comment
    regarding the personal level of developer interaction involved with BeamNG is spot on and actually allows for the level of personal interaction and
    passion being seen with this poll. We are a passionate bunch regarding BeamNG!!!!

I want to make it clear, and speak for myself, and say with all my heart, I honestly figured Gabe and Co. were looking at this poll and the passion
    it was evoking as a badge of honor in the development world and not a horrible and terrible display of humanity at it's worst. Maybe I'm naïve'.

Lastly, I cannot make it clear enough that my criticisms of the SBR were NEVER meant to disparage Gabe's design prowess, NEVER. I offered my
    unbridled opinions, observations and sarcasm on the SBR without guilt and none of it was meant as a personal attack on Gabe's gold. I'm fine
    if the SBR wins.....who cares?, it's a vehicle by the Gabester and I personally think it will be the best BeamNG vehicle it possibly can be. My
    feelings regarding the SBR design will not change as it currently stands, that's just my DNA but I absolutely love the fact that such a personal
    level of interaction is being presented to everyone. Going forward I will always be mindful of the artists work and passion as well and leverage
    my future comments with that in mind.

We all love your work Gabe!:cool:

19. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I'll be honest with you gabe.

I really did find the look of the car to be a bit off in the only pictures we had of it, but those pictures were 2-3 years old.

I really didn't like the 200BX from those WIP shots before, but now that I see it in full glory, it is definitely a super kickass job once again from you guys.

I even mentioned this in the thread that I liked the idea, but it needs some remodeling of a sort. I think once people see how awesome the SBR4 will look when it has reflections, an underbody, and that magic touch, it will win a fair number of new lovers.

Don't give up on your style because some people disagree with it. That's how great content is lost, both digitally and physically. Keep up the great content gabe!

20. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I don't believe in the bible and therefore I shall tell you not to read it. Same logic you are using.

Its upto the people to decide whether or not they like the car. And as it stood, it had over 50 voters saying yes representing about 20% of votes. From the selection available that is a significant amount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice