WIP Pontiac Trans Am 1977-78

Discussion in 'Community Mods - Archived' started by Elvisnake, Aug 10, 2013.

1. 0xsergy

0xsergy
    Expand Collapse

Re: [WIP] Pontiac Trans Am 1979

You're giving the things you'll never see way too much detail. That seat would be a good base to bake normals from but you should model lower poly seats for the final version.

2. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

You better start converting to polygons sooner rather than later. At least in Autodesk Maya you can never do a straight and easy NURBS-to-Polygons conversion, sadly. Even though I had a pretty good NURBS model of my Seat Ibiza for Rigs of Rods, it still took me months to convert it to polygons because the edges never line up properly. And yeah, you're gonna have to cut a lot of detail out of those seatbelts and such tiny details once you convert to polygons, otherwise it's going to be insane.

That said, you're doing a really good job. When I made my nurbs car I figured I was doing pretty well with nurbs... This is *way* better and especially neater than mine :)

3. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

You're right, I think re-make an interior more simple for the game, using textures and bump map like you and gabester to reduce the number of poly. But this car is a personnal project for my book, so I need to make all the details, even If I need to rebuilt it completely in polygons. Now I can export my mesh like a 3D blueprint, so I can restart some parts more easely.

Thank you very much and ok, this is what I feared. For the conversion I think use Lumiscaphe (patchwork), it can tesselate the model nicely, I will try this as soon as possible and we'll see what's appens. If I need to rebuilt the whole car then it will be done. Your Seat is amazing this is the car with witch I played the most of the time. You have succeed to trancribe the soul of this car, Seat must pay you for your job. Will you convert it for Drive? Oh man you're one of my gods^^

Thank you so much guys for theses goods criticals, I'm impressive by yours works, really.

4. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

Re: Make Bugatti Veyron SuperSport

Firstly please do not beg for things on these forums, secondly there is a months of work involved in just modeling on vehicle and then you have to work on getting it in game so it's not just gonna magically happen and finally i don't believe this is where you post request/suggestions, there is a separate thread for that.
    ^^Not trying to sound mean just trying to be informative.

OT: Loving the progress and it's by far my favorite model for BeamNG Drive I have seen.

Thanks Corvette

5. LandYacht76

LandYacht76
    Expand Collapse

Re: Make Bugatti Veyron SuperSport

LOL. I hope this is a troll.

6. OnyxTheMineral

OnyxTheMineral
    Expand Collapse

Car looks very, very nice but will have the same deformation as Gabester's cars? and will you make a ratted out texture?

7. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

The goal is the same result in-game as Gabester's cars so yes it will be all the stuff (deformation and textures/functions system) as soon as I finish the mesh. For info the body of the car can spawn in my game well. Now I need to do specific texturing and the Beam/node stuff.

Thank you to fallow the project ;)

8. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

You don't think, perhaps, you could post a picture of the undercarriage? I would like to see one more point of accuracy. Everything is so fabulous. No insult intended but this will probably turn out way better than the 1949 Cadillac By Mythbusters(which is also very nice, don't get me wrong).

9. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

The undercarriage is posted at the end of the first page, and I don't thing that my first work will be more better than Mythbusters, his job is amazing and quick: not like me. Thank you.

10. JonasNL

JonasNL
    Expand Collapse

Of all the cars that are currently in development, this is the one I look forward to the most. Can't wait to take it for a spin around some rallycross track. Keep up the good work!

11. CrownVicFan

CrownVicFan
    Expand Collapse

OMG !! I love this car , I really cannot wait for this . A+

12. Lutz G

Lutz G
    Expand Collapse

Great work!

BTW: Watching the TV show Rockford - isn't this also the Rockford car (later version?)? So I can do a Rockford in BeamNG :cool: Any release date?

13. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    Expand Collapse

This is amazing. When I first found this game I really wanted two cars and this is one of them, so thank you for all your hard work. I just found this game online and I know zero about modeling so I can't offer any help other than moral support. This is awesome.

14. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

The moral support is the more important thing I need, thank you:p

I have made some experiences to understand how the game work, how the polygonal modeling work, begin to learn 3dsmax, do somes whites nights...

There are the first pictures ingame now: ingame1.png ingame2.png

No textures now, I don't know how it work on 3DSmax yet.

I have used the civetta base just for try the ingame export, at last there is lot of work to do.... and I have too much use tesselation, need more polys:(

It's a big step for me, the work continue. Do my best.

15. corvette81

corvette81
    Expand Collapse

Looks pretty cool in game, awesome job but I can't wait til it gets it's own N/B. :D

16. Colonel_Potter

Colonel_Potter
    Expand Collapse

You are doing an awesome job Elvisnake. Take your time, get it right, how you want it. Don't let the impatient forum beggars rush you. :) Cannot wait until you get this released in a final form. I am sure it will be a blast to drive. And to run into things. :D

17. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Great job! Good to see you're having a much easier time to convert it to polygons than I had :) Should be a real fun car to drive once you get the n/b done properly :)

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Magnifico! Keep on :)

19. Elvisnake

Elvisnake
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Guys ;)

I can claim no credit for that: when you have the right program the life is easier lol. Seriously it's your work who motivate me to start this project. For now I re-convert all the car because it's too low polys now, the doors do not deform nicely, by chance I have tested before to finish... The meshes are on the right way, all the textures files are prepared but I need to learn how place it lol.

The n/b fear me:eek: Maybe the Moonhawk of Gabester will help me to understand how to do mine.

20. Fradias

Fradias
    Expand Collapse

Good luck with this project, you seem to be a smart person who actually tries to understand stuff, and that's a hell of a good thing.
    So best of luck and keep up the great work!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice