Popular Ideas

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by HockeySnipe16, Aug 15, 2015.

?

What Feature Do You Want In The Game?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2015.
  1. Better Reset

7.4%
  2. Motion Blur

4.2%
  3. Better Sounds

47.4%
  4. AI Chasing Player

9.5%
  5. Multiplayer

27.4%
  6. None Of The Above

4.2%
  1. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

So, I spent some time gathering 5 ideas that I found on the forum to see what you guys want most (of these five). These are in no particular order.
    Here's what I gathered:

1. Better Reset.
    Reset your car facing the way you are facing. This will save a ton of time with montages, videos, and just everyday playing.

2. Motion Blur.
    Enhance the player experience with motion blur. See what scenery would really look like if you were going 100 mph.

3. Better Sounds.
    Increase the player experience with some more advanced sounds. You have a game with great physics, why not add great sounds?

4. Re-add AI Chasing Player.
    Now now, I know they're going to add this feature back to the game soon, but it has to be on this list because it is a needed feature IMO.

5. Multi Player
    Multiplayer would be super hard to make but it is on this list because it is a feature many people would enjoy. Even if it was only split screen.

All you guys have to do is vote for the one you want to be in the game most. You never know, it might just be the next feature they add :)

Oh and if you have another suggestion that I should maybe add, tell me down below :D

#1 HockeySnipe16, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  2. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

I want all of these, but I voted for the least likely to happen: multiplayer.

3. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Thanks For Voting! I want all of these too but it is a popularity poll so you can't vote for all of them. Your motion blur is a good idea though :)

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks you guys for supporting this thread and voting! I expected to get a lot of hate from this.

Thank you! :D

4. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

I think by far the majority would want multiplayer the most. I voted for it. But I don't expect online multiplayer to happen for a very long time if it ever does. Local multiplayer (splitscreen or LAN) seems fairly possible though...

I would definitely like all of these features in game. I'm sure everyone would...

I remember tdev posting a picture of a whiteboard in the BeamNG office with calculations, etc. about the resetting a car in a different direction stuff. Apparently a lot more complicated and problem causing than it sounds.

I guess the most likely to be added somewhat soon would be resetting in another direction, motion blur, and re-adding the chase AI.

5. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

The workings of local area network versus internet play are near enough identical btw.

The gist of it. YOu connect to another machine with an IP address, doesnt matter if its local or remote, as long as you have a nice router operating inbetween then that IP could just as easily be remote as it could be local.

6. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Personally, I think local multiplayer would be better than regular multiplayer because then you could play with friends easily. I can't seem myself playing beamng.drive with random people. Also, multiplayer might never get added because by category, BeamNG is a simulation game, most simulation games are single player only. Now, I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it probably won't so don't get your hopes up (This goes for everyone).

7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

I'm only hopeful of singleplayer.

Networked play is tricky enough in any game, let alone BeamNG.

8. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Agreed.

9. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Well I voted for better reset. Mainly because I think its likely to be one of easier things to do on the list, and it bugs the crap out of me more than any of the others.

If I could rate them in order of wanting

Better reset Because annoying
    Multiplayer Because who needs AI if you have this
    Motion blur Because fancy
    AI Because I have no friends or multiplayer
    Sound Because I like farting into a microphone and setting it as my engine sound

10. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Lol, that's a nice list! xD

11. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Voted for better sounds because as far as I'm aware the sounds have never changed. We still have the same engine sound, crash sound and ambient sounds from nearly 2 years ago when the game was first released. Pretty much everything else has been changed at some point except for sounds.

12. ThreeDTech21

ThreeDTech21
    Expand Collapse

is it hard to program for split screen? maybe an expert modder can do it

13. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

I don't think so, they would need to do a lot more than create a mod. I'm not an expert, but I don't think it's possible

14. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

3. WiP

4. Planned

15. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Kinda what I though but still

16. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

I knew that. :eek: Makes sense though. You always tend to teach me things. :)

But what about splitscreen? I've always wondered how difficult/demanding that would be to implement and run... Does anyone have an idea about this?

Also, wouldn't LAN/online mulptiplayer be much less demanding without player collisions? Other players colliding and being damaged by static objects would need to be calculated as well of course... I've seen this brought up a few times around here, but I don't have an answer to this.

#16 pickle330, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  17. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, but it wouldn't be as fun. But, I have a ton of faith in the BeamNG developers and I think that they will do what is best for the game :)

18. burk

burk
    Expand Collapse

I think the best way to do this at the moment is to ramp down the jbeam count ALOT, since the pickup is said to have 500+ jbeams or something but ramping them down to around 50 might be manageable for multiplayer, yes the game kinda loses its crashability but at least you have multiplayer

(also don't run the servers yourself, just make players host them since it will probably save your team a lot of money of having to keep servers up and running and also fixing said server once someone comes in with something redicolusly leggy and crashes said server

19. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

It wouldn't make much of a difference. Gabe once said that a typical video game car consists of five physical points, where BeamNG vehicles consist of hundreds. Ramping that down would still leave the vehicles orders of magnitude more complicated than their more commonplace counterparts. And alongside reducing crashability, it would make the vehicles impossible to drive. Suspension, wheel rays, steering setup, all would have to take a hit in order to function. Lastly, latency and lag would still be capable of doing immeasurable damage. Even with 5 data point cars, there's still some lag, and vehicles can end up meters away from where they were mere moments ago on other people's screens. With BeamNG vehicles, individual nodes can be meters away from where they once were, potentially ripping vehicles apart at speed.

20. rachmat_777

rachmat_777
    Expand Collapse

Motion Blur or Multiplayer....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice