1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Possible bug in Powertrain

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by fufsgfen, Jan 13, 2018.

1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There is bit weird behavior if you add AWD transfercase, but if you have only rear diff.

First when you select AWD transfercase, dummyshaft gets RPM, but after resetting car dummy shaft gets 0 rpm until you replace part again.

Also vehicle performance is affected, I'm not sure if 0rpm or if dummy shaft should get some proper rpm, but I would think situation should be consistently one or another.

Video shows first RWD transfer case selected and crash, then reset of vehicle and another crash, after that selection of AWD transfer case and no front diff, dummy shaft rpm is visible, crash and finally reset and now dummy shaft rpm is 0, then final crash:

Obviously without front diff, there is one shaft spinning freely and only part of the power is transferred to wheels, but which of two cases is correct, dummy shaft with rpm or dummy shaft with 0rpm, or should it be random?

Question that bothers me is why only once after part is selected there is rpm for dummy shaft and why not after reset? It can be of course by design, but also there can be something that needs checking, so I thought to bring this up.

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Yea I fixed this a few weeks ago :)

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

My friend, you are too fast, how we are supposed to report bugs if you fix them before hand? Awesome! :)

4. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

This is the definition of being a badass coder. Well done sir... well done indeed!

5. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Thank @Goosah, he found it and made me fix it ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice