Possible push button transmission?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by sduncil95, Jun 26, 2018.

1. sduncil95

sduncil95
    Expand Collapse

Given that the the Bluebuck thread is locked and I know how everyone feels when someone brings it up, but I want to ask this one little question/suggestion. I'm certain that the "released someday" Bluebuck will have a standard stick shift, but I'm wondering if it will have either a run-of-the-mill automatic shifter or if it will have a push button transmission? I'd honestly like to see a push button since they were seen in 60's cars like the bluebuck. Give me your thoughts and criticism, I'm open to it and thanks for your time. Also here's a little example.

Attached Files:

• DSC_0080.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Definitely would be nice to see, given that it's on the luxury side of 1960s land barges, IMO

3. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

My friends 60's Dodge Dart has one of these... it was the first car I had ever seen like that with a fully mechanical push button automatic. It was really quite fascinating. Granted, I think that this can probably already be done in game as it sits with a little trial and error and a splash of imagination.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Only in your opinion.

It takes after cars like the Chevrolet Impala or Dodge 880, which were normal midrange cars in mid-60s America.

5. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

These were *mid-range* cars? Really? Holy shit, meanwhile in my country most couldn't even afford to own a fiat 600 or a Citroen 2cv at that time. Damn those americans and their booming economy :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

To be fair, push-button wasn't a matter of luxury, but novelty. You could have it in an otherwise basic automatic Valiant, but Cadillac could only give you a lever.

Although Gavril seems to be the traditionalist, lowest-denominator sort of company, which would stick to the levers.

7. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Definitely true. Between the D-Series, the Grand Marshall, and the Barstow, it seems Gavril is just your average conservative car company, a mix-up between Ford and Chevrolet IMO; sensible and mature cars for Average Joe.
    And then you have Bruckell which I would compare to Chrysler; a long history of bad decisions, poor quality control, and quirky cars that don't sell. In fact a Bruckell bailout from the government should be BeamNG canon :p

8. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

Bruckell seems to be inspired by Oldsmobile and Buick - it's be a Gavril subsidiary that does not know if it wants to be cheap or prestigious, sporty or stately, a gateway from Soliad to the top luxury brand or the final destination, pure Americana or import beater.

The Moonhawk is based on the 1973-77 GM A-Body coupe, and the LeGran is a 1982-96 A-Body sedan. The Moonhawk's front looks more like an Olds Cutlass, while the LeGran looks more like a Buick Century.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

Interesting; for some reason I'd always associated the Bruckell cars with things Chrysler would have made.

10. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Push button automatic?

That was 1950's invention, Chrysler and PowerFlite I think? That means Mopar, imo, not GM and Gavril might be something close to GM, but in BeamNG universe everything blends. Burnside is only vehicle that I would think being with push button automatic though, however I guess there has been later years when push buttons have seen new coming.

All you would need to do would be to set animation to be buttons instead of lever, I have no idea how to even animate lever though, but as manual gear stick can be at different positions for different gears, something has to tell that how, also somehow it should be possible to tell gear D meaning button D is down and so on?

It is something of distant future that I'm planning to learn though and push button would be one option for a camper, or then lever on dashboard, but there is not much plans at this moment and even less idea how to make one, learning takes time and there are so much other things to do that time of learning those things is not very near future.

11. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Not as I see it.

Gavril has only one subsidiary, Burnside. Gavril also has contracts with Wentward for engines.

Gabester said that the Soliad Wendover will use engines from the Bruckell LeGran, thus hinting at a Bruckell - Soliad partnership.

Likely both automotive groups are rivals. As of now, those are the only canon relationships. Don't go toting information that hasn't been proven as if it is canon.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Acura did revive this trend of push button transmission, as seen below:

So if there would be a car somewhere around the lines of a modern Acura, this system could be implemented. Only thing is that I doubt that any modder would be fine with modding a vehicle like that, as they probably have other plans.

13. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Aston have been doing this for ages, look below the vents, these buttons are PRND, and S mode is hidden away at the bottom. This is the DBS

• Like Like x 1
  14. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

The Burnside in RoR has a push button. It seems like a late 70s, early 80s land barge, not too luxurious. As I undertsand it, Burnside and Gavril are tied together. Personally, I’d rather have a standard, physical shifter. I’m not really a fan of push button shifters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice