1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Possible to open youtube in it's own browser window from repository

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Kic_ker, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Kic_ker

Kic_ker
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, it was kind of difficult to condense into a title. Basically, in most parts of the BeamNG program when you click a link, it opens that link in your default browser like it should.

As you know, you can embed youtube videos into mods on the repository. You can watch these videos in the repository on the program, but if you tap the YouTube icon in the bottom right corner of the embedded video, you'll see that it opens an odd window with no title that is still somehow part of the BeamNG program, but it's somewhat of a restricted internet browser. I say restricted because it only allows you on youtube, but you can do anything on YouTube.

Anyway this could possibly be exploited but mainly it's just weird, so I suggest converting it so these videos open in the default browser.

2. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

here is one of my videos, it works fine for me. If the video i put in this post does not work that means the problem is on your end.

3. Kic_ker

Kic_ker
    Expand Collapse

no, i don't think you understood exactly what I said.

It's not really any big issue, just odd.
    Here's how to replicate it (once the repository is back online ofc)
    1. Open in game repository
    2. Find a mod with a youtube video in the description
    3. Click it to view the description
    4. Click the "youtube" icon in the corner of the embedded video
    5. You're in a weird browser thing restricted to youtube.com, when it should simply open it in your default browser

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice