Post-17.2 Unable to work on Super mod on the fly after update

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by G-Farce, Jan 22, 2020.

1. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Somewhere after 0.17.2 or maybe a bit before (I'm updated to version 18.0 now) I lost the ability to replace the entire super.dae file with a custom one. The same replacement mesh file doesn't load in at all either from the my documents/vehicles/ super folder or from directly pasting it into the super.zip archive. What has changed?

I've also cleared cache and still no luck

2. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Look into the jbeam for the car? Probably something changed in there to the default thing which now causes the custom parts to not work

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Works as usual:

Check your .DAE, maybe your object have different names by accident.

4. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Hm that is strange how I can't get it to work. My friend also tried to put in this .dae into the coupe folder in my documents but it didn't work, everything's renamed to the coupe parts, in blender I checked

Attached Files:

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The file is named 'semiDAE.dae'
    There is no such file in the coupe folder (or anywhere in that game) with that exact name.

If you want to replace original meshes, you must name the file the same as the original for it to take priority.
    In my example above, see how I named the file 'super.dae' which matches the original file.

Side-Note:
    If you are making a mod for release, you should not be replacing any original meshes, it will cause problems. You should make your mesh a unique name and part that can be swapped in the part selector.

6. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

Can I do this without having to put the files into a .zip and leave it in mydocs instead? I looked on the wiki but I think something must have changed for the slot system which is why I haven't tried that

7. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

Yes you can update your .dae files thru the doc (user) folder , even with the game running. Just pause the game while editing
    other files, the moment you drop/replace dae in the user folder just wait few secs and the dae is updated. Sometimes it doesn't
    work, then just close game and reopen. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. G-Farce

G-Farce
    Expand Collapse

I usually use Ctrl+R to reload the car, that usually works to update car

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice