1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Post reporting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Dec 29, 2017.

1. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I won't become one any time soon because of my checkered past.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

I have a kind of "interesting" past too.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Djplopper

Djplopper
    Expand Collapse

I have some suggestions, i know this forums and this community and i know what means to administrate big numbers of people (I am an admin on a big Facebook page)

1. Welcome message to every new member: every new member will receive a message with all the forums rules and all the things he needs to know, if that message is not read the users could not post anything or download any mod
    2. Get some community administrators to help devs: A group of notable members selected by the devs who work on keeping things tidy, they could not ban anyone directly but they could see the reports as a way to help the devs
    3. Increasing the value of the bans: More ban = Less problems in many cases
    4. Remove the star rating on mods: I think we need only two evaluations: Recommended and Not Recommended, more space to comments and less to stupid stars
    5. Three tipes of post interactions only: Like, Dislike and Useful should be enough

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I agree to everything except 2. As stated countless times, we will not get community moderators.

Also, I think for the ratings, there should only be: Like, Dislike, Useful, and Agree. Agree is the most useful rating of them all.

5. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

Two would be better: Like and Dislike.

Keep it as simple as possible.

6. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

7. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

More ban = More abuse

ur a funny dude

8. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

What?

This doesn't make sense. :confused:

9. Instant Winrar

Instant Winrar
    Expand Collapse

The 'victims' will think they're being abused by the moderation team more often, as there will be more 'victims' of proper moderation.

10. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Mh, ok.

Yet this forum can't be tolerating just about everything and never take action because of that.

It's about time some users grow up and realize the perfectly legitimate reasons behind actions taken against them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

12. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

More often than not reviewers are perfectly right, but can't express themselves in a civilized manner.

"All things sux" is not really a well argumented review in my book, even if the object of the review is actually that bad.

Heck, it's a review: less witty, snarky remarks and more constructive criticism please.

13. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

And the same should go for 5 stars ratings. Just rating a mod 5 stars and posting a ""funny"" meme for not reasons other than enjoying the actual "modder" shouldn't be accepted either. This mod is actually bad, I'm not going to give it 5 starts just to please the "modder's" ego.
    If constructive criticism is needed for low stars ratings, the same should go for high stars ratings.

Me too I'm speechless, speechless that this mod has an average rating above the majority.

14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Sure, I agree.

In all honesty, star ratings could well be ditched. They don't mean a thing, and users leaving reviews are rarely qualified enough to discern.

As someone suggested, "Recommended" or "Not recommended" are more than enough IMO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice