1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Potential release plan?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by David Fortsc, Jan 29, 2013.

1. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I don't think it's a legitimate concern if 3rd party real cars are sold for money. 3D models of real cars are sold all the time on sites like turbosquid and I've never heard of car companies taking legal action for copyright infringement.

2. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

It is copyright infringement, but even though I SUCK at 3d modeling, I am still not paying a hundred dollars for a Prius. I can learn to model, and make one that good in Blender for free, but with a bit of time.

3. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

IMO, the mod library should be like Garry's Mod's library; just an opinion.

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

If someone decides to sell crappy content for $100, that's their own problem. Obviously it won't sell well.

I think if we do have a marketplace for 3rd party content, it would require approval from us anyways.

5. Venomox

Venomox
    Expand Collapse

Will you guys have the 3rd party content stuff figured out before the official release? I'm sure you will, but I would feel "safer" if I knew what was going on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice