Solved problem with drift steering

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by D36DAN, Mar 19, 2021.

1. D36DAN

D36DAN
    Expand Collapse

i don't know, how it can help you, but this

Attached Files:

• screenshot_2021-05-01_20-35-55.png
  2. TC203

TC203
    Expand Collapse

Hmm... It looks like the broken beams are connected to your body. I’m guessing there’s are the beams you used in your hydros to turn the wheel. I’d just spam a load of zeros on the hydros beamstrenth. It also looks like your wheel is falling off, so I’d do the same with the wheel attach beams.

3. D36DAN

D36DAN
    Expand Collapse

original mod by "cheekqo" based on Civetta Bolide. author changed only body, bumpers, doors and tailgate models. other things from Civetta Bolide and don"t have any changes, including suspension

4. TC203

TC203
    Expand Collapse

hmm....

5. 1111milo

1111milo
    Expand Collapse

acrain7 posted a drift steering mod for the civetta bolide but they took it down i guess so i you cant just use the values they put in for civetta.

6. D36DAN

D36DAN
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, but i tried it at first. Steering was good, but wheels were detaching. Then i tried to change some values in hydros and now i have what i have

7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Why don't you just copy+paste the normal steering and change the limiters?

8. D36DAN

D36DAN
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, i already tried it. With normal limiters everything ok, but for drift this steering is unusable. If you change limiters, axle will break or deform.
    I also tried Vehicle Global Strength, Weight, Size and Other Values Edit mod, but nothing changed

9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Then I have no idea what is wrong, maybe the mod is so bad that it's based on extremely outdated Jbeam and drift steering will never work on it

10. D36DAN

D36DAN
    Expand Collapse

Yes, this mod is very bad and it's just Civetta Bolide with Murcielago body. It doesn't have anything: no configs, no lights, no skins, anything. And suspension from Civetta Bolide of 2017 or older ( original mod posted on World Of Mods at 30.12.2017 )
    --- Post updated ---
    I forgot to say that body of car is converted from Real Racing 3

11. 1111milo

1111milo
    Expand Collapse

If its ported from real racing 3 you know it's a great mod.In my opinion there isint really a solution to this or if there is its probably really complex and something i have no idea to do.

12. D36DAN

D36DAN
    Expand Collapse

Only body model and texture ( in low resolution and polygons ) from RR3, all other parts from BeamNG.
    I also think that there isn't simple solution

13. 1111milo

1111milo
    Expand Collapse

you could try replacing the lambos suspension jbeam with bolide suspension jbeams. But that probably wont work because you'll probably have to rename a bunch of stuff and maybe replace variables.

14. D36DAN

D36DAN
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, i will try it, but i think that nothing changes because it's already from Bolide, but from 2017

15. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

New suspension might be incompatible with the old body, it would be easier to redo the mod from scratch, which can probably be done in 1 day considering how low quality it is

16. D36DAN

D36DAN
    Expand Collapse

But modded suspension for new Bolide is compatible with old body. But anyway i should try to do what 1111milo sad. Because nothing worse can't happen

17. 1111milo

1111milo
    Expand Collapse

if all the physics are from the bolide, wouldnt it be easier instead of redoing the mod from scratch just make a body kit mod for the bolide in the shape of a lamborghini murcielago instead of making a car mod from scratch?

18. D36DAN

D36DAN
    Expand Collapse

I think that easiest way to fix that is just to replace Collada file and Materials.cs, because nothing changed in other ( all names of parts are same in Bolide and Lambo )

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 1111milo

1111milo
    Expand Collapse

sounds good.

20. D36DAN

D36DAN
    Expand Collapse

HAHAHA, that really worked! i just replaced .dae file and deleted super.cdae file and now suspension is working correctly! thank you so much for help!
    --- Post updated ---
    thank you very much for help, i found a way to fix it
    --- Post updated ---
    thank you very much to for help, i found a way to fix it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice