1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Problem with dynamic reflections

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Unster, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

Anybody else getting gray, blank areas in the mirror textures at certain angles? A similar problem also occurs in the reflections on the various body panels, like the hood, where at certain angles reflections become very dark. And the Moonhawk has a black line going across where the rear bumper connects to the body. I tried clearing the texture cache but it didn't help.

This is with a GTX 950 card and I think the problem started happening after the last driver update. But no other game that I play is having issues like this.

2. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

Can you post a screenshot? I think it's just when water is being reflected it simply shows up as black.

3. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

you can restore your driver or simply wait for the next update for the fix because i have the latest and no problem

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Uhm, seems something related to the Nvidia drivers.
    I updated to that version (390.77) and get the same (on side isn't reflecting anymore).
    We will see what's that about.

5. jojos38

jojos38
    Expand Collapse

No problem for me gtx 970 latest driver

6. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

I don't have a screenshot at the moment, and actually in my original post I was talking about the Barstow, but the Moonhawk has a black line too going across the top of the rear bumper at certain camera angles. Try going to the 3rd person camera and spin around the car, and look at the chrome / most reflective surfaces.

And the rear-view and side mirror issue happens with any car (if you have this problem).

7. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Can confirm the same issue here, switched from an R9 390 to a GTX 970 a few days ago and the issue was apparent right away (installed driver 390.77). I'm also running the second hotfix for 0.11 since I never got around to updating. So it seems to be more than likely an nvidia driver issue.

8. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

Here are a couple of screenshots so everyone knows what we're talking about. Notice the rear bumper and the mirrors.

screenshot_00001.png screenshot_00002.png

9. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Think i posted about this in the 11.0.5 thread but im guessing Nvidia drivers too, updated them at the same time. I have the very same as you guys, also the front left and sometimes right fender on the D15 looks like it has the normals closest to the door on one side, flipped.
    --- Post updated ---
    EDIT: GTX1050

10. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

I would say the best solution is to just downgrade a driver version or live with/disable it until the devs get a fix for it in a few months or so.

11. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Might be a gfx driver problem, other games might be affected too.

12. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

It happens to me on 390.77 Nvidia driver as well on GTX 1070. Downgrading to 390.65 fixes it.

13. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

How do you downgrade the Nvidia driver? Do you have to do it through Device Manager? In the Nvidia driver application I didn't see an option to downgrade, only upgrade.

14. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

Download the 390.66 from Nvidia's website. Uninstall your current "display driver" from add or remove program, reboot your PC and install the downloaded file.

15. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

I did it in the Device Manager through the Roll Back Driver option.

16. 440cid

440cid
    Expand Collapse

17. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

If you turn Faces per update all the way off it stops the flickering, saves rolling back drivers.

18. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

What does the "faces per update" setting do anyway? I didn't notice any changes after changing it, but that was before this reflection problem.

19. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

How fast reflections updates. There are 6 cameras that renders in each direction.
    Lowest settings makes them update one at the time (1 camera every frame, you'd see the others 'lagging')
    Highest settings makes them update all 6 faces in a single frame (smoother but expensive)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice