1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Problems after clearing cache

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Anolen95, May 25, 2017.

1. Anolen95

Anolen95
    Expand Collapse

I was having a couple of missing vehicle texture issues, so I cleared the cache via the launch menu to see if that would clear anything up, and naturally with my luck it caused more problems. The vanilla hopper is just gone, I only have the hopper mods that I had downloaded. The game itself still seems to play fine, so the graphics card etc is working fine, but the parts/ tuning menus are incredibly slow, and I noticed the mouse pointer not moving smoothly when any menu is opened.

The parts menu and tuning is always a little sluggish as I only have a dual core and lower-end graphics card, but it became substansially slower after clearing the cache, and all other issues arose after clearing cache.

Edit: I have tried launching in safe mode, still no hopper, menus are much more useable.

#1 Anolen95, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
  2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Did you have the game on steam? If so, click the "Verify integrity" button and steam should replace any missing files.

3. Anolen95

Anolen95
    Expand Collapse

Forgot to mention I did that as well. It said 3 missing files, not sure if it replaced them automatically. The game works perfectly fine in safe mode, I cleared out my mod folder, and now it crashes immediately after the loading screen when spawning on a map. Maybe just re-install the game and start over with mods?

4. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Do you have ANY mods still installed?

5. Anolen95

Anolen95
    Expand Collapse

No, and this time trying it in safe mode did the same thing. I'm going to re-install, surely that will fix it.

6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Sounds like you installed some mods wrongly, or some mods are broken-ish.
    Please wipe completely the 'Documents/BeamNG.Drive' folder (Backup what you want, don't put anything back).
    Check if game works fine.

Only after you checked stuff works correctly, you can put back your mods.
    If problems come back, then check your mods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice