Outdated Project Irohazaka [UPDATE 11\08\15] Beta 4 RELEASE adds IroaSlopes Beta

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by williamparrilla, Sep 11, 2015.

1. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

No problem, thank you very much I apritiate it. ;)

2. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

Took a week off this project,progress is underway.;)

3. vojta1991

vojta1991
    Expand Collapse

Really nice track, but i think i that the guardrail could be lower ;)

4. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

Work on this project is still undergoing, been working on the hairpins a lot more to smooth them out.Irohazaka Ver 3 will be released soon. Ver 3 will be both Uphill and early downhill together.

5. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

iroa1 wip3.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

Big Update Ver 4

• Like Like x 1
  7. DoullPepper

DoullPepper
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It is very difficult to reproduce a real road, impressive!

8. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

Thank you, yea it takes a lot of patience to get it as close as possible, and I still know I can actually make it better.

9. YoMaaan

YoMaaan
    Expand Collapse

I got a problem downloading it...
    I can't type the captcha in, an error occurs everytime (I reloaded it multiple times... doesn't work at all).
    Is there another way downloading it?:confused:

10. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

I am at work at the moment, but when I get home I will take a look at the download.

11. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I watched/skimmed the video; this project looks pretty cool!

Normally I don't think that zones & portals could be used on an outdoor track to improve performance without causing terrible problems. In this case since visibility is often limited, maybe they could be used? I'll give the map a try ASAP. Zones is probably not practical, but I think it could be interesting to try.

• Like Like x 1
  12. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

Just downloaded the file,it is working ;)

13. YoMaaan

YoMaaan
    Expand Collapse

Dammit! Why doesn't it work when I download it :(
    That's what it looks like when I'm trying it (reloaded 5 times before):

Attached Files:

• 2015-11-19 17_53_51-Project Iroa update 11082015.jpg
  14. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

That has something to do with your browser.

15. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

One important thing I noticed is that all (?) the guardrails in this map lack end treatments. When driving in this map, as things are now, a gentle tap against the end of a guardrail can put the guardrail inextricably into the car sometimes. I think that this may be related to how thin the guardrail is and I'm confident that end treatments would help. (The few guardrails that are in official maps include end treatments.)

EDIT: Here's a picture a turn in real life with end treatment visible if you download the full-sized picture and zoom in all the way: http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/Chigo4/media/Japan tour/DSC02021_zps97262faa.jpg.html

EDIT 2: The guardrails on Iora1 seem to be at a good/typical height. The guardrails on Ihrohazaka2 are very high in the air, my car slips under them and hits the posts. Is this realistic or a mistake?

EDIT 3: This article shows a good selection of end treatments - http://www.crashforensics.com/papers.cfm?PaperID=53

#75 torsion, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  16. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

OK, I've made some changes to the *.mis file:
    • Implemented some zones to get things started. Based on some (very) quick comparisons I think they should help with the worst areas, at least on Iora1. There are 5 zones: 2 separate zones are on Iora1 (eg the downhill section). There is a large portal connecting them which should be large enough to prevent any blinking/blanking/bad-stuff. 3 other zones are in a zone group and together they cover Irohazaka2 (eg the uphill section). The second zone in Iora1 connects to the first zone in the Irohazaka2 zone group using a very large portal. I make no guarantees that any of this is done correctly. I'm especially unsure about using a giant portal like that.
    • Deleted the *.ter from the *.mis - it wasn't doing anything useful.
    • Rotated the Spawn Sphere to face downhill. It could use some more careful tweaking before a final release, but for now there is plenty of more important work to do with those huge dae objects.

Attached Files:

17. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

Iroa 2 was a old project I had for rFactor and lost all origi al BTB files so the guardrails there would ether stay the way they are, (and I do know there to high, something I wasent proud off) or I can completely remove them and add some from beamng, but that would take insane time.the guardrails on iroa 1 are getting a redo with ends and everything. ;) at the moment I am at work, but I am reading everything you are saying about zones and all that, what is it exactly that you mean by zones? Is this my fps issue, or something that I should change that you think will benefit from fps?

EDIT: by the way thank you for helping me ;)

18. YoMaaan

YoMaaan
    Expand Collapse

Ok, tried it in tears with Internet Explorer cause I was too lazy to download Chrome...
    I worked ;) Thanks for the help :)

19. williamparrilla

williamparrilla
    Expand Collapse

No problem, you are welcome ;)

20. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

You are welcome.

Zones are a performance optimization system for T3D (the engine that BeamNG.drive uses for most things besides the physics). They help the engine cull things which are outside of your current zone (other than what you can see through any relevant portals). Using giant (monolithic) DAE files seems to prevent everything from being culled, so if possible it might be best to slice up the DAE(s) a little bit.

Most outdoor environments in BeamNG make using zones impractical, but yours is unique because visibility is so limited. Partitioning off 3 separate areas using zones and portals wasn't too bad. With a realignment of Iroa 2 you could probably optimize a little more.

Take a look at the *.mis file I provided in your level. Look at your Scene Tree and examine the zones and portals. It might be easiest to highlight all of the zones and portals at once so that you can see how they touch each other or do not touch each other.

For more information on zones take a look at:
    I'm just asking about it, but for Iroa 2 couldn't you remove the guardrails and then create a second object in your 3D modeling environment which only contained guardrails? (eg similar to the work you'll be doing in Iora 1)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice