Proper filtering for vehicle selector used in bus routes

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Ai'Torror, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Some people already might have noticed, that we can't use standalone buses in any of the bus routes properly, as the vehicle selector seems to be locked to "citybus", no matter what we (modders) try to do about it.
    So... would it be possible to sneak in a small change into how the bus routes work, which would instead of locking the vehicle selector to one vehicle, lock it to the "bus" filter into one of the future updates?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Noted this down.
    Reason for that is that at the moment this was made there was only one bus, but as bus mods starts to appear it's indeed better to also support them :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. atomspeed123

atomspeed123
    Expand Collapse

This is a very good point, as me and @Ai'Torror have discussed, it would be very interesting to have our buses, like his DT45L, @Blijo 's Routemaster and my Comet, able to be used on bus routes.
    I'm going to try and get mechanical blinds to work too, hopefully with moving textures, and with scripted positions so that the game can figure out what to select - so this bus filter would allow us to use this feature in practice, rather than 'cheating' the destination in the console :p

My bus is also able to kneel and open its doors - but an interesting one would be that it's right-hand-drive (kneels on the left rather than the right, as with the doors) - so it may also be convenient to have an easier way to set up user-created routes in future :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice